went to the doctors today...........

re'M'ington

I went to see my doctor today about the tick on my Ging gang goolies,but,he was unavailable,so,I had to see the young woman doctor.............you couldn't make it up could you,anyway,she had a good look,and,said that the latest advice that she has is that if the tick is small ie. not been on the body very long that it is best to leave it for a few dyas to see what happens,and,if there are any symptoms then to start the antibiotics,and,that would be a 3 or 4 week course.I am hopefull that everything will go ok,but,I will keep you posted..............Martin.

I thought the chances of the tick infecting you with Lyme's were virtually zero if you could get it off within 36 hours of it attatching itself???

So tell us why you went to the Doctor with a tick ?

The Doctor doesn't have much of a clue typical townie she should have taken it off there and then .

I pick up ticks all the time ,I would never go to the doctor and waste his time with something so trivial, you'll know when you've got Lyme disease thats when to go when you see the signs they show pretty quick .

As for a course of antibiotics thats a laugh did you ask her if she was qualified , this is one of the reasons that people have no resistance to infection due to over use of antibiotics .

Sorry but there have been enough directives on ticks and Lyme disease going about for the last few months on all the medical magazines medical web sites so so forth .

My wife gets shed loads of this stuff through the door and emails she had a few weeks ago a couple came into the pharmacy, the guy had a tick on his back the woman wanted to know what it was ,she ask how to remove it my wife sorted the problem there and then, explained to them about the signs of Lyme disease etc off they went .

Next tick I get I'll be off to my GP as well to give him a heads up on Lymes in case it turns into anyhthing - I'll be leaving him with a copy of Morena's article.

widows son said:
So tell us why you went to the Doctor with a tick ?

The Doctor doesn't have much of a clue typical townie she should have taken it off there and then .

I pick up ticks all the time ,I would never go to the doctor and waste his time with something so trivial, you'll know when you've got Lyme disease thats when to go when you see the signs they show pretty quick .

As for a course of antibiotics thats a laugh did you ask her if she was qualified , this is one of the reasons that people have no resistance to infection due to over use of antibiotics .

Sorry but there have been enough directives on ticks and Lyme disease going about for the last few months on all the medical magazines medical web sites so so forth .

My wife gets shed loads of this stuff through the door and emails she had a few weeks ago a couple came into the pharmacy, the guy had a tick on his back the woman wanted to know what it was ,she ask how to remove it my wife sorted the problem there and then, explained to them about the signs of Lyme disease etc off they went .

The reason I went to the doctors,was,when I was trying to get the tick off with the tick remover I couldn't see it properly,so,I thought I would shave aronud it,but,I shaved the bloody thing off leaving the mouth parts in there,and,I am afraid you are wrong with the statement that the signs/symptoms show soon enough.It can take months or even a year or more for Lymes to become full blown.
You are of course allowed to have your own opinion,but,I'm afraid I disagree with virtually all you said.........regards......Martin.

Martin

Keep posting buddy I'm having such a laugh [at your expense] it makes my sides hurt. I can just see the look on your face when zingy zing zing off comes the tick with your razor....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: leavin the head in. :lol: :lol:

Sorry mate but it is funny, I feel for ya I do

Lymes Disease, the FACTS!

It is a tick transmitted pirochetal inflammatory disorder best recognized clinically by an EARLY lesion, called erythema chronicum migrans (ECM), that may be followed weeks to months later by neurological cardiac or joint abnormalities. ECM begins as a red spot on the bite site that expands with the characteristic bulls eye appearance. At least 75% of patients with Lymes disease have this early lesion. Soon after onset of ECM nearly half of the patients develope multiple lesions without the bulls eye appearance. ECM usually lasts for a few weeks. The test for Lymes Disease is carried out serologically on a blood sample at Southampton Laboratory. IF YOU HAVE THE CHARACTERISTIC BULLS EYE RASH ON THE SITE OF THE BITE GET THE SEROLOGY TEST ORGANISED QUICKLY THROUGH YOUR HEALTH CENTRE! Treatment is tetracycline antibiotic for at least 10 to 20 days. This is a nasty disease and needs early treatment.

My qualifications?
Im a biomedical scientist in microbiology and we've seen an exponential rise in request for this test.

So in summary if you get bitten don't worry. Don't waste your GP's time unless you get the bulls eye rash, or the symptoms at a later date.

Early symptoms include tiredness chill and fever headache and stiff neck.

The post was funny but its something to take seriously too.

Hi Willtonand,
What is the reference Borrelia spp at Southampton for: 1 The Elisa test for IG M
2 The Western Blot test for IG G
morena

W

Your right Lyme disease is serious, I wasn't laughing at that more the way martin writes his yarns; testimony to him he can still laugh after all he's been thro' and he wants us to laugh with him.

It's either laugh or cry mate,and,I know which I like doing more,plus being a bit simple helps mind..............'M'

Infected Bite

Gents

My infected bite from a few weeks ago has cleared up now after the antibiotics course was run, however there is still a slight mark after a full 18 days.

We are still having loads of problems with the amount of ticks this year in the New Forest area & with the weather the way it is I feel its not going to get any better.

Glad your nadds have cleared up anyway martin!

Regards Lee

Get the tick of asap, no mater what size[are you sure she was talking about the tick?[sorry]]

If in doubt go to the doctor. I get covered in ticks every day [all my life] but it only took one to infect me!

one false alarm with the gp is a hell of a lot cheaper than years of Lymme treatment

Back