Thread: Heym sr20r ?

Heym sr20r ?

Been offered a heym sr20r in 270.He wants around 800 for it.I cant seem to find any for sale that are sr20r, Have seen sr20n.Not sure if he is right on the r bit but cant find any for sale so do not know if the price is about right or not.
    It is an immaculate classic wooded looking gun.It is not screw threaded but it is one of those guns that would probably be a shame to
    Does anyone know of this model and whether price is good or bad
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mickjgardner View Post
    Been offered a heym sr20r in 270.He wants around 800 for it.I cant seem to find any for sale that are sr20r, Have seen sr20n.Not sure if he is right on the r bit but cant find any for sale so do not know if the price is about right or not.
    It is an immaculate classic wooded looking gun.It is not screw threaded but it is one of those guns that would probably be a shame to
    Does anyone know of this model and whether price is good or bad
    thanks

Don't know what the r stands for but the SR20 is a lovely action. Better than the new ones in my opinion. If it is immaculate including the bore then it might be worth this kind of money. I think I would want to shoot it first and get a bore scope down it. I have an SR20N in .270

spoke to him on phone this afternoon and it is an SR20N

Left hand sold a bonhams auction for 420, it's worth what it is to you, some smart axxx will always tell you after you bought it that they could have got it cheaper, that's what always happens to me anyway

Funny enough i shoot left handed because of master eye but have never and would never have a leftie

cannot speak highly enough of make and model, mine sr 20 n is a lefthand version and is in the good old 7x57 and 20 odd years on i still love it !!

Quote Originally Posted by mickjgardner View Post
    Funny enough i shoot left handed because of master eye but have never and would never have a leftie
    the safety position i found is the main advantage rather then the bolt handle on a true left hand rifle ,i had a sr20 stutzen for years ,then sold my bolt rifles all left hand ,and went for a double rifle.

I had a left hand SR20N for many years in 7x57. It was a very smooth action and extremely accurate. Check if it has a Krupp barrell. They usually shoot brilliantly.

Hi i have a heym in 270 and love it, they are really well built and a gun i really enjoy using unlike my Remington that feels cheap and badly made in comparison. I think 800 is a bit steep i only paid 430 for one in vgc , have a look on www.reevesok.com he is one of the Heym inporters and always seems to have second hand rifles for sale and is very helpfull

There's three left hand sr20's for sale now from 1200 up to 2495!! No scopes!!