Well after all the hassle with my .223 when i was geting groups of 2feet apart etc I put up a thread needing help on the subject a few weeks ago lol i managed to put it down to the homeloads i hand made up and remied the problem with some new loads , however was out one evening after this and had a bang at a hare about 100 yards and missed it !i was like hmmm im not even taking a second shot ill have to get back to the range.
So drew up at my permission today the field littered with craws and good back stops all around loaded up the .223 and eyed up craw at 140 yards nice and calmly put it to bed i thought hmm seems ok ill just leave it !as main reason i was there was to zero my new .270 (its not new just new to me its a parker hale ).
Now i only had 20 rounds with me and i was craping my pants at what the recoil and bang was going to be like (only big rifle ive shot is my .223 and a 308 both moderated) i have heard so many storys from people ohh you should of got a 308 .270 such a fierce round etc u will not like it etc.
Well first couple of shots miles high couldnt see wher it was hiting used a flash of water and found it was shooting miles high and to the left sorted it out and started zeroing it in nice tight groups of an inch .I LOVE THIS ROUND! I actually think im gonna love this rifle more than i do my little .223 !!! which is my baby!
So long story short went out stalking with the .223 after this as no bullets for .270 (SKINT), sat for about an hour out pops a nice doe at about 180 yards (thats probably cuting it short) hmm now my confidence was up after hiting that craw earlier but still unsure after missing that hare hmm what will i do buger it have a bang shes never let me down ill have confidence i got into the positon cross hares over the boiler house squezed the triger sent a 55 grain sp hurtleing through the boiler house the deer run about 10 yards and fell stone dead . On looking at the deer straight through just behind the shoulder and out through the other shoulder lovely! gralloched the deer while removeing the heart when i got home i had blew thorugh one side of the heart LOVELY SHOT !!
MY CONFIDENCE HAS BEEN RESTORED IN MY LITTLE RIFLE JUST A PITY I WAS OUT OF .270 BULLETS OR THAT WOULD OF BEEN IT CHRISTEND ! SODS LAW LOL