New sticks.

dac9976

Hi all

just a quick review of some sticks made by a SD member(mereside) for me.
took them out stalking this afternoon through some woods so had them fully extended, within minutes I glassed a nice hind at a 100yrds, took the shot from the standing position with the sticks.they felt very sturdy and comfortable.
After waiting 15 minutes I wondered over to inspect the hind to which another hind came into view about 50 yards away, so I quickly dropped the sticks down for a kneeling shot.
these sticks are the best I've come across, good quality and very quick to adjust.
They adjust up and down with clips instead of the twist type.
so if your looking for a decent set of sticks get in touch with mereside ( Wayne) reasonably priced and very good quality.

cheers:)

glad you like them and great shooting on their first time out, atb wayne

Last edited:
Hi Mereside,

I got a pair of sticks from John Robson YDS exactly like that, I assume you made them. Best sticks ever, light, sturdy and easily adjusted. The only extra I would like would be a support half way down the leg at about "bipod" height any ideas?

willie

Willie i didnt make the ones from yds as i machine the pins to put the two together but same principle. you can get smaller banksticks in the same thing so you could attach one of those to one leg and then have a velcro strap to keep it in place till needed,atb wayne

Mereside,

"you can get smaller banksticks in the same thing so you could attach one of those to one leg and then have a velcro strap to keep it in place till needed"

Good idea, where can I get the bank sticks?

Willie

Happy new yr Wayne
any plans to do a tri version for the less able shooter .......ie me ! Lol
cheers doug

Wayne, what exactly are we looking at in your pics? I think they are joined with a pin but are the black things below adjusters? Looks good! What about a quad version?

Hi guys, Wayne has kindly removed the photos from this post. The original design of these is by my stalking partner and as such we're launching them on the SD next week as a wee enterprise. Initially we'll be offering the twin stick design with tri and quad designs to follow shortly afterwards, they'll be priced competitively and I can guarantee they're better, more ergonomic and more robust than any other design out there at the moment.

Kind regards

Tom

Three B&Q bean poles plus one round Hoover belt which can be rolled down for a sitting shot.
Serviceable and cheap.
HWH.
4Areticule001.jpg

Three B&Q bean poles plus one round Hoover belt which can be rolled down for a sitting shot.
Serviceable and cheap.
HWH.
4Areticule001.jpg
I use somthing similar. 2 poles and a bit inner tube both pushed in the opposite ends then twisted so thet open as soon as I release my grip.

Nutty

I removed the pics as Tom is going to start selling these,mine are pinned differently but use the same poles i was asked to make a set up but i have enough work on and do not want to tread on anyones toes.
I have given tom the design for the pins if they need it , these are a cracking pair of sticks although triple and quads will im sure work the same way , atb wayne

I removed the pics as Tom is going to start selling these,mine are pinned differently but use the same poles i was asked to make a set up but i have enough work on and do not want to tread on anyones toes.
I have given tom the design for the pins if they need it , these are a cracking pair of sticks although triple and quads will im sure work the same way , atb wayne

Wayne can you make me a set of sticks like yours as I like the way they are joined looks very strong and snag free send me a Pm with cost and I will send it over .

Thanks gadget.

Back