Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Partizan 30-06 150 grain FMJ

  1. #1

    Partizan 30-06 150 grain FMJ

    Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the accuracy of Partizan 30-06 150 grain FMJ?

    I'll be doing some long range shooting with a friend, but don't think I'll get the chance to roll some homeloads beforehand so I'm tempted to try these since they're cheap. I know accuracy can vary from rifle to rifle but overall are they accurate enough to shoot 1 inch at 100 meters?

    Thanks!
    Jonathan

    My Hunting Blog: click here


  2. #2
    Jonathon

    My T3 loves them in soft point. 150gr and 180gr. 30-06.

    Shot out to 350y with them at Catton park. They did ok there.

    As you say they are cheap so you have nothing to lose.

    They will sub 1" @100m if I do my bit.


    Jonathon

  3. #3
    I've used 150gr, 168gr and 180gr PPU in my 30-06 and 1" at 100yards is easy most times, if I do my bit much better.
    I have found PPU in .222 50gr, .243 100gr, .308 150gr and 180gr very good too, 1" at 100yards is easy with all that I have used so far.
    There are batches of PPU with different head stamps, some have 'PPU' and some of the older stuff, which is still coming through, has something that looks like 'mny' but one is as good as the other.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint View Post
    Jonathon

    My T3 loves them in soft point. 150gr and 180gr. 30-06.

    Shot out to 350y with them at Catton park. They did ok there.

    As you say they are cheap so you have nothing to lose.

    They will sub 1" @100m if I do my bit.


    Jonathon
    Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    I've used 150gr, 168gr and 180gr PPU in my 30-06 and 1" at 100yards is easy most times, if I do my bit much better.
    I have found PPU in .222 50gr, .243 100gr, .308 150gr and 180gr very good too, 1" at 100yards is easy with all that I have used so far.
    There are batches of PPU with different head stamps, some have 'PPU' and some of the older stuff, which is still coming through, has something that looks like 'mny' but one is as good as the other.
    Thank you both for the fast replies!

    Think I'll nip into town tomorrow and grab a couple of boxes.

    Atb.
    Jonathan

    My Hunting Blog: click here


  5. #5
    Just being nosy, I see your sometimes based in the north east of england. If your currently there,could you tell me where your buying them from? Wouldn't mind trying them for cheap practise.

    Thanks

    PH.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by prohunter78 View Post
    Just being nosy, I see your sometimes based in the north east of england. If your currently there,could you tell me where your buying them from? Wouldn't mind trying them for cheap practise.

    Thanks

    PH.
    Hi mate,

    I'm based in Norway 95% of the year so buy all my ammunition over here and bring it over when visiting the UK, not sure where sells it in the North East, might be better to start a new thread and ask, I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

    atb.
    Jonathan

    My Hunting Blog: click here


Similar Threads

  1. 30-06 200 grain Lapua Mega for Muntjac ???
    By Jonher in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 10:40
  2. 110 grain vmax for 30.06
    By sunrayshadow in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 16:59
  3. 30-06 200 / 220 grain ammo
    By MJ75 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 25-03-2011, 00:17
  4. Partizan 30-06
    By NickW in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-03-2010, 23:02
  5. Federal 30-06 Vtial-Shok 180 Grain Nosler Partition ammo.
    By smithp18 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-02-2010, 14:55

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •