Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2012, the Stalking Directory, my friends and new mates made through here...

My 2012, the Stalking Directory, my friends and new mates made through here...

Hi folks!

First of all, sorry for my English, I hope all of you will get it right....!

2012 a great year, especially with all the new contacts through the directory!
    As you may know, I did meet my friend Wayne (yes the "legendary" Wayne Davies!) through another internet-platform (yeswehunt.eu), but after joining my first hunt with him for a muntjak in 2011, he told me about our forum and I switched over...
    Surfing this forum, whenever I get the time, even while on my stand or highseat through all over the year, I discovered a lot of news for me, watched some great pictures and read some lovely stories and great articles... Thanks to everybody who let me take part on their hunters life!

I went " to Waynes places twice, did hunt for Muntjak and Roebuck again and had a great time, joining the friendship and fun of hunting together! Thanks Wayne, you know, how special every single hunt with you is for me!!
    Attachment 22899
    I went down to Dorset to hunt for roe and Sika (help with the cull) and had a great time there...

I also got into some discussions about bloodhounds and dogs, which was and is good. As someone who is involved into this here in Germany.
    Attachment 22896
    I still have a hard time believing, which way a lot of these discussions took. Some of them went "wild" and got closed by the admin. As I said in one of these (now closed) threads: No further comment!
    We should all get back to the joy of watching a proper trained dog working, working as needed for the purposes of its owner and according to the needs...

I also had several guys from the UK visiting me here in Germany....
    First of all, it was Wayne again, who finally filled his tag on his dream about the mufflon ram, man, how excited I was.... What a pleasure to get him some nice horns and some memoriable days!!
    Attachment 22897
    On his last visit his mate Phil joined him and we were able to get him his first red deer, also a hopefully great experience and memory to keep!
    Attachment 22898
    We had Andy showing up, hunting at my friend Heinis place, some boar and roe didnt survive this successful weekend....
    And then there were several mates from the directory showing up to join some bigger driven hunts for deer and boar. All of them didnt fill their bags, most had at last one chance, but it didnt work out.... BUT: I belive, all of them had a great time and (the worst thing about it...) they will return for a second try!

I had Paul showing up on his way down South for the test of his Bavarian, what a pleasure to meet him and talk to someone who is so experienced into the bloodhound things and works hard to reach highest levels and standards!

Thanks to all of them, who lived the spirit of true swap hunts!!

What else?
    The year is almost gone by now, but 2013 is almost there...
    Its me, going to the UK on the 9th to try for a goat and a CWD... Maybe I will"collect" another animal I never hunted before?
    Its me, going for roebucks back in May, its me, trying for a Sika in Ireland in early October...

In between I am sure I will have some of you showing up for some hunts or talks (maybe already on the game fair in Dortmund?!) and of course in late fall and winter 2013 for the next driven hunts!

So, again, thanks to all of you, who made my 2012 as special as it was!
    Thanks to the Stalking Directory for offering what you do, keep this way, its great for all of us!

I wish all of you a perfect finish of 2012, an even better start into 2013, all the best, always straight shooting

Best regards

Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Well done Michael its really good to see stalkers from other countries on here. Personally I enjoy seeing how the sport is enjoyed in other countries. Have a good 2013.

Inch of rain so far today Michael.... I know they are called Water Deer, but .....I'm getting nervous!

Quote Originally Posted by sws View Post
    Inch of rain so far today Michael.... I know they are called Water Deer, but .....I'm getting nervous!
    Dont worry.... No pressure on you.... (Hahaha...!)��

At this rate we will need a boat for carcass recovery!!
    It will be more like hunting sitatunga then deer..

Quote Originally Posted by sws View Post
    At this rate we will need a boat for carcass recovery!!
    It will be more like hunting sitatunga then deer..
    Great....! They are also a bit bigger and easier to spot..!

michael great post glad you said legendry wayne davies you keep great company .
    wishing you a great 2013 regards pete .

I've enjoyed your write ups especially about your dog work... All the best for 2013

waidmanseill!

Kind regards, Jez
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Hi Jez!
    OK, Alba will have to do her next test, the so called "Vorpruefung" this spring, a lot to do, hard work for all of us!
    I will keep you informed.
    Atb

Michael

Hi Michael
    It wasn't a bad year was it

I started it by having a fantastic hunt in Sweden with Stuart and I shooting our first Moose.

Then I hosted various guests Yourself (twice), Heini and Gundolf, Franz and Michael from Austria and quite a few English guests.

Then my trips to Austria and Germany (twice) ending up with my Mouflon can't belive how fast the year has gone.

Now its January again I got Aki and Sakari form Finland visiting in a month better start looking for some Munties.

All the best mate and good luck with your Chink better bring some good wellington boots

Wayne