Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: sling mounting

  1. #1

    sling mounting

    Hi I want to mount a biathlon sling to the side of my Bell and Carlson medalist stock. I'm wondering the best way to do it, I don't want to just screw in some studs. Has anyone done this or can help.

  2. #2
    I have done this to my HS Precision stock. I used normal wood studs but drilled the hole slightly deeper and wider and Araldited the studs in. Admittedly, it was not the neatest of jobs, but I am not a gunsmith! They work very well and make the rifle much better to carry on the hill. Alternatively, for the forend, if you have a Harris bipod fitted, twist the sling stud on the back of the bipod through 90 degrees. Hope that this helps.

  3. #3
    Not sure how much material you have to play with, but what about the flush fit Q/D swivels from Uncle Mikes ?

    Neil.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Not sure how much material you have to play with, but what about the flush fit Q/D swivels from Uncle Mikes ?

    Neil.
    Hi Neil any idea who sells these flush fitting kits iv'e tried a few local shops but no one has them.

  5. #5
    Well as it's nowt but a placcy stock how about a couple of coach bolts.. Won;t harm the appearance none and they will remain secure .









    Perhaps you might like to ask EDI as he would likely know the best way to secure them as after all he does make this type of stock.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
    Hi Neil any idea who sells these flush fitting kits iv'e tried a few local shops but no one has them.
    I got mine from an E-bay seller, Rings Mounts, General Accessories items in JJK Shooting Supplies store on eBay!

    He also has a proper website now, a non e-bay one.

    Neil.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I got mine from an E-bay seller, Rings Mounts, General Accessories items in JJK Shooting Supplies store on eBay!

    He also has a proper website now, a non e-bay one.

    Neil.
    Cheers Neil i did actually find some push button detachable swivels today at Ant Supplies Ltd, so i've ordered a pair.

    Thanks for your help anyway. Bob.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Well as it's nowt but a placcy stock how about a couple of coach bolts.. Won;t harm the appearance none and they will remain secure .










    Perhaps you might like to ask EDI as he would likely know the best way to secure them as after all he does make this type of stock.
    Haha Brithunter The thing is, a placcy stock is much better than NO stock at all, so to speak.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by boltaction View Post
    Haha Brithunter The thing is, a placcy stock is much better than NO stock at all, so to speak.
    I was going to have a pop at Brit about that post, but couldn't think of anything witty enough, thanks for doing it for me

    Neil.

  10. #10
    Why would you want a rifle with NO stock?

    All my guns have stocks, heck I even have some so dangerous spare stocks, just be aware that according to Lincs plods even stocks need a licence to own.

Similar Threads

  1. Help - Mounting a Scope.
    By GTF in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30-04-2012, 19:41
  2. Few questions from someone new to mounting
    By martinrs in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 25-02-2012, 21:27
  3. Mounting problem
    By 63 in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-02-2011, 20:09
  4. Mounting rings
    By rodkayak in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 13-02-2011, 14:38
  5. Mounting heads
    By novice in forum Taxidermy & Trophy Preparation
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28-05-2008, 14:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •