Thread: Magnus270

Magnus270

Hi all,
    I am keen shooter enjoying all aspects of our great sport. I currently stalk in Kent, mostly woodland and high seat shooting, with Fallow and a few Sika being the main quarry. I have permissions for game and vermin shooting within the Essex area. I am an active member of my local gun range shooting indoor disciplines with under lever rifle, .22 rifles and .44 m/l pistols and full bore rifles at our regular Bisley meetings.
    I reload most of my ammunition and this fills the time when I can't get out stalking with the bad weather.

Welcome to the SD!

Now you've another thing to do when the weather's bad -once you've finished your reloading, that is!

I'm assuming you shoot a classic .270, but what other calibres do you reload for?

Hi SD, I load for, 223, .44, .270 and .308. Magnus

Hi Mr Gain, I also load for my.44, .223 and .308. Yes I use the .270win, And i am not a fan of magnum rifle rounds as the standard cartridge is punchy enough for me! Sorry if this go

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus270 View Post
    Hi Mr Gain, I also load for my.44, .223 and .308. Yes I use the .270win, And i am not a fan of magnum rifle rounds as the standard cartridge is punchy enough for me!
    All classics, and for a reason, though I'm currently having some good preliminary results with loads for the 6.5 Creedmoor and .17 Remington Fireball, and looking forward to working up a couple of good ones in 7x57R. I already load for the .223 and .308, plus .204, .222 and .243, but there's no .270 in my cabinet... yet!