Thread: Moving house to Sussex

Moving house to Sussex

Hello, my wife has taken a new job in west Sussex we live in the Leicestershire I run my own business and not moving straight away as I have to run it down before I can move.

whats doing my head in is the shooting and the people I know up here and all the land I have etc. I know I don't have to give up any of my land and can still shoot it. It just going to be one long drive if I want to go out shooting...

Fairly level headed shooter, with shooting permission on MOD 6th forms college, also other sensitive shooting sites. I am always willing to put in the leg work and never expect anything to be handed to me on a plate( run my own business so understand hard work).

Are they any guy who live in West Sussex, Horsham area that are willing to help out a a fellow shooter while he gets settled into area, or just looking for a shooting partner. I know how hard it is to get land and access to shooting it taken me 7 years to build my portfolio.

I run the beaters on s small local shoot and willing to help out on small shoots down in Sussex but it hard work to find these when your on the outside..

Any help would be great..

Regards pete

Finding shooting without paying the going rate as a client is pretty hard anywhere you go, I know from experience.

To start you off, your best local gunshop will be KWG in Handcross. Tom Hughesdon who runs it is a top bloke and will sort you out with anything you need.

SikaMalc is also based closeby and is freindly enough if you want to go down the route of payed outings.

Hi Pete, I moved here 4 years ago and started beating for a local shoot. The keeper is now a very good friend and lets me shoot the odd Roe and as many foxes as I like. I also have permission on 4 or 5 other bits of land. It does take time for folks to trust you but on the whole you will find Sussex folk very friendly and helpful. There are a great many shoots in the area from small diy sindicates to much larger big estate run shoots. There is also a good population of rabbits and I found that was a good point to start.
    Hope to see you down here soon.
    Tusker.

Cheers guys, i just found an old school friend of mine run a gun shop locally now as well he used to be based in london but moved out to the sticks.. This should help but it still nice to be able to put faces to names at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by pg2008 View Post
    Cheers guys, i just found an old school friend of mine run a gun shop locally now as well he used to be based in london but moved out to the sticks.. This should help but it still nice to be able to put faces to names at the end of the day.

Hiya Pete , I live in West Sussex and I'm lucky to have a few of my own permissions . I know how you feel , my partner is at university in Leicester , its a trek to go up and see her but worth it . To be honest with you I doubt you'll be able to find many permissions straight away . If you let me know where your moving too I might know of a few people to help you out . Best of luck with the move .

Acm cheers for that, well if you fancy a shoot next time your up in Leicester let me now we have some great land mostly bunny and fox land this way. I have always found it not what you know it's who you know..