Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time For a new scope

Time For a new scope

The time has come to get a new scope for the .243.

Not bothered about make to be frank it's going on a low recoil gun. I am not into buying brand new ether. I do not want to spend Łk's

Any suggestions or a reticule with some nice heavy cross hairs and a central dot. The dot needs to be illuminated for a bit of foxing work should it come up. fixed mag would be good too. I would think the above reticule requirements will cost lots with zee Germans/Austrian glass. So I'm not going there.

No need for a large objective too.

So lads/lasses any suggestions.

Not sure what your budget is but how about a zeiss duralyt?

Bit too expencive I fear.

I have a conquest on my 30-06. Nice scopes!

On the .243 at the moment is a Niko gold crown. if it had a illuminated ret it would stay. That's the only thing in the way of it staying.

If you can find one a Deben nighttech 4-16x56 with red/green mildot.....I have one on the foxing set up and its excellent
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Stick with older? gold crown. might not be just as clear as a top euro scope, but it works well every day and takes a reasonable battering with it.

Once had a Platnum niko for a short while but it was never a patch on the older gold crown.

swaro. on the rifle now but a second hand one need n't break the bank all together

I know what you mean about the old gold crowns great bit of glass. I just wish it had a lumi ret! Very annoying!!!! It shame to take it off the rifle. Will probebly keep it as a spare. You never know do you.

jim i got conquest nightforce an a bender a mate of mine asked me to try his hawke endurance foxing scope its 3x12x50 left set on 8 mag with an illum red dot in the center so i had a go on it and was amazed to the extent of getting one i also did a low light test the zeiss an the bender only beat it by 3 minutes but that is irrevellant i found for lamping fox the illume red dot gives you faster target aquisition and as you want it for foxing for the money its worth having a look at if you dont want spend a fortune foxxer

Quote Originally Posted by d foxxer View Post
    jim i got conquest nightforce an a bender a mate of mine asked me to try his hawke endurance foxing scope its 3x12x50 left set on 8 mag with an illum red dot in the center so i had a go on it and was amazed to the extent of getting one i also did a low light test the zeiss an the bender only beat it by 3 minutes but that is irrevellant i found for lamping fox the illume red dot gives you faster target aquisition and as you want it for foxing for the money its worth having a look at if you dont want spend a fortune foxxer
    How much did the hawke cost you if you don't mind me asking?

i believe leoupold have just brought an illuminted range out

Just done a quick look into hawke this came up looks good.

DEBEN.com | Hawke DeerPASS 3-9x40 EV SR Rifle Scope