Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best chronograph

What's the best chronograph

I want to purchase a chronograph but which is the best?

regards
    chris

I would of thought vipa or Milligan would be best ones to ask chrisc

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I want to purchase a chronograph but which is the best? ..
    Chris. I don't know, but I am going to get one of these as soon as it becomes available.
    Steinert SuperChrono, the Shooting SHED
    Then we'll compare it to the chronos a couple of friends have.

Regards JCS

Well spotted JCS.
    Had seen some u tube footage compairing that model with the standard one, it seemed to be far superior.
    I guess the price reflects this.

i will be intrested in your findings on this JCS if you dont mind,regards arron.

We have been trying out a borrowed kurzziet (spelling may be wrong) which uses IR instead of light screens. Can be attached to a computer and works quite well but it's about 700.00. This is a lot if you shoot it! Following this have looked at Magneto speed which attaches to the rifle and looks quite good. I think somebody on here is the uk agent? This was going to be the purchase choice but having seen the Haugland blog (sierra645 on you tube) the Steinert may be a better choice for us. I think they are around the same price 250ish. Other than that there are a few for around the 150 mark which rely on sky screens. I must stress the we have only had hands on the expensive one and are relying on Internet info. We need accurate velocity for ballistic programmes as the published velocities are not always what we are actually getting. For ease of use, no tripod requirement and less chance of shooting your kit, the magneto speed would seem the best choice

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmatch View Post
    We have been trying out a borrowed kurzziet (spelling may be wrong) which uses IR instead of light screens. Can be attached to a computer and works quite well but it's about 700.00. This is a lot if you shoot it! Following this have looked at Magneto speed which attaches to the rifle and looks quite good. I think somebody on here is the uk agent? This was going to be the purchase choice but having seen the Haugland blog (sierra645 on you tube) the Steinert may be a better choice for us. I think they are around the same price 250ish. Other than that there are a few for around the 150 mark which rely on sky screens. I must stress the we have only had hands on the expensive one and are relying on Internet info. We need accurate velocity for ballistic programmes as the published velocities are not always what we are actually getting. For ease of use, no tripod requirement and less chance of shooting your kit, the magneto speed would seem the best choice
    when you find out which is the best please let me know as i have seen all the cheaper chronys and dont have any faith in them.

regards
    chris

Chris

Wonder why you are after a chrono ????

Myself and a mate clubbed together and purchased a PVM-2008 from Reloading Solutions. New Products - Reloading Solutions Limited - The Uk's premier source for Precision Reloading Products

It is the dogs danglies, very easy to set up, very easy to use. when used next to a Chrono Beta it gave far more consistent readings. It seems to be well built, the only down side is that it needs mains electric. It was not cheap so I am hoping it will last for a lifetime.

Regards

Ed

New Forest Wildlife Management
    Last edited by N.F.W.M; 01-01-2013 at 22:49.

hello ed i am taking it out tomorrow and yes your right why , depending on the recoil i think a nightforce or something like will be going on top.

regards
    chris

New toy Chris?

I know what you mean about faith in chronographs. In fairness i only have a cheap Chrony but have compared it to a mates. Regardless of make or cost, i would feel this a worthwhile thing to do.. My chrony seems good to be honest. The speeds used from the chrony have helped produce reliable data certainly out to 600yds.