Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wasted money i reckon?

wasted money i reckon?

when i first started stalking i used a cheap old frosts mora the high carbon one which cost me about a tenner but a few years ago i decided to treat myself to a new knife and bought myself a buck pathfinder which retail now for about 60 and have used it ever since until yesterday when i picked up the old mora as basicaly i couldnt be bothered to go to the shed for the buck. so anyway long story shot i put 3 roe on the deck used the old mora and it absolutly pi55ed through all 3 deer inc the breast bones and was still sharp at the end of it and i know for a fact the buck would be blunt enough to ride to london on so im really wondering if i have in fact wasted 60?

Yes....money wasted........i have a Buck knife as well but i do love the cheapo carbon mora and keep going back to it

Stick it on ebay aint many knifes on there you should see a reasonable return

Quote Originally Posted by griffshrek View Post
    Yes....money wasted........i have a Buck knife as well but i do love the cheapo carbon mora and keep going back to it

Theres no knives on there because you cannot sell them on ebay anymore

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 458lott View Post
    Stick it on ebay aint many knifes on there you should see a reasonable return

Possibly because they don't allow the sale of knives.....

Clipper is very heard to beat.....
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

yep its either the clipper or the opinel number 7 for me, ive wasted money on bucks in the past but learnt my lesson lol

Hi
    I have several knives (including Carl Schleiper, Buck, Cold Steel etc) but the one that has been used regularly over the last few years is a Mora carbon steel....a few strokes on Lansky and ready to go again.

L
    Last edited by Loki; 01-01-2013 at 22:09. Reason: Grammer

I use a Finnish Pukku knife that my ex-wife bought me years ago, still very sharp and reliable. I could also suggest the Swedish Moraknif Companion, I use it as my secondary or loaner. Although I have been looking at the Leatherman Steens, I've used it once and was impressed.

My brother has a Buck that he can't get through gutting and skinning a whitetail without sharpening. I have Martini that gutted and skinned three large mule deer and 5 whitetails without much more than a stroke on a fine stone. I like Mora knives. Gave away a few as gifts and now my supplier stopped carrying them!~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    Theres no knives on there because you cannot sell them on ebay anymore
    Go to ebay Germany look in sporting & then under jagd. Hundreds of them so how come they cannot be listed in the UK?
    Martin