wasted money i reckon?

sir-lamp-alot

when i first started stalking i used a cheap old frosts mora the high carbon one which cost me about a tenner but a few years ago i decided to treat myself to a new knife and bought myself a buck pathfinder which retail now for about £60 and have used it ever since until yesterday when i picked up the old mora as basicaly i couldnt be bothered to go to the shed for the buck. so anyway long story shot i put 3 roe on the deck used the old mora and it absolutly pi55ed through all 3 deer inc the breast bones and was still sharp at the end of it and i know for a fact the buck would be blunt enough to ride to london on so im really wondering if i have in fact wasted £60?

Yes....money wasted........i have a Buck knife as well but i do love the cheapo carbon mora and keep going back to it

yep its either the clipper or the opinel number 7 for me, ive wasted money on bucks in the past but learnt my lesson lol

Hi
I have several knives (including Carl Schleiper, Buck, Cold Steel etc) but the one that has been used regularly over the last few years is a Mora carbon steel....a few strokes on Lansky and ready to go again.

L

Last edited:
I use a Finnish Pukku knife that my ex-wife bought me years ago, still very sharp and reliable. I could also suggest the Swedish Moraknif Companion, I use it as my secondary or loaner. Although I have been looking at the Leatherman Steens, I've used it once and was impressed.

My brother has a Buck that he can't get through gutting and skinning a whitetail without sharpening. I have Martini that gutted and skinned three large mule deer and 5 whitetails without much more than a stroke on a fine stone. I like Mora knives. Gave away a few as gifts and now my supplier stopped carrying them!~Muir

Go to ebay Germany look in sporting & then under jagd. Hundreds of them so how come they cannot be listed in the UK?
Martin
Supposedly helping the fight against knife crime, though i would bet 99 percent of it is committed by some scrote with a kitchen knife.

I've had a Buck Old Timer ( had to be ) for many years as many on here can testify, it keeps a fantastic edge, it's normally about 6 fallow before I have to give it a few qick stipes with the shapener, then it's business as usual.

Back