Thread: Greetings!

Greetings!

Hi All,
    Long time reader, so thought with the New Year and all it was time to become a poster.

A little about my self.

I've been involved with deer for getting on 17 years (mostly roe, red and sika). Deer have taken me to all 3 mainland nations, but I have now settled in North West England.

Interests are shooting (funny that!), deer, my dog, long walks in the country, and eating out. I have a GSOH and seek.......... sorry, wrong forum

Happy New Year to you all!

Regards
    Wolfie

welcome to the site wolfie.

Hi Ruby,
    Thanks!

Regards
    Wolfie

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Thanks John.

Wolfie

Welcome, what do you shoot and what dog have you got?

Hi Deer Man,
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm currently shooting a Sako 85 in .308. Seems to do the job OK, though not overly impressed with the accuracy. Best I can seem to do having tried a few brands is 1.5" at 100 yards, off the bi-pod and bagged at the rear. I haven't had it long and have heard the 85s can be a bit temperamental out of the box, so going to try getting it bedded and see what happens. Hope it works because other than that it's a handy rifle. Inch and a half is good enough for most of my stalking as it's woodland and usually well under 100yds, but on those few more rangey encounters it doesn't give me confidence, so I usually have to try plan B (see if I can get closer) which sometimes means missing an opportunity or two.

As for the dog, I have a black Labrador bitch. A good do it all. Winds deer, finds shot ones, retrieves on the few occasions I use the shotgun, and sits on the sofa with the best of them.

Wolfie

Welcome to the forum.

" As for the dog, I have a black Labrador bitch. A good do it all. Winds deer, finds shot ones, retrieves on the few occasions I use the shotgun, and sits on the sofa with the best of them."

Don't they all like sofas?