Blaser related question

Deer Assassin

This is a question for the blaser owners among you - which calibres are truly interchangeable without the need of having to alter actions, bolt heads etc?

I currently have 3 centrefire rifles .223, 25-06 & .300WM (A blaser).
If i wanted to ditch the 3 guns & have just 1 gun system with interchangeable barrels then what would my options be? I would like a fox/roe calibre that is nice & cheap to run & that i can also get factory ammo for easily. Then i would need a beefier calibre for fallow/red/sika & the occasional Canadian moose.

Any help appreciated.

ATB

DA

Last edited:
Then i would need a beefier calibre for fallow/roe/sika & the occasional Canadian moose.

Any help appreciated.

ATB

DA

thats gonna be some rifle if you can reach all the way to Canada from montrose DA.:D

bob.

I can't comment on the Blaser rifles calibres as they don't ring my bell. but there are a few lads on here that have them, offroad Gary has one i think and he knows a fare bit about them, as you do when you have the cash to buy them.

bob

Standard bolt head and it's 22-250, 243, 6.5x55, 6.5x57, 270, 7x64, 308, 30-06, 8x57is and 9.3x62.

So take your pick

This is a question for the blaser owners among you - which calibres are truly interchangeable without the need of having to alter actions, bolt heads etc?

I currently have 3 centrefire rifles .223, 25-06 & .300WM (A blaser).
If i wanted to ditch the 3 guns & have just 1 gun system with interchangeable barrels then what would my options be? I would like a fox/roe calibre that is nice & cheap to run & that i can also get factory ammo for easily. Then i would need a beefier calibre for fallow/red/sika & the occasional Canadian moose.

Any help appreciated.

ATB

DA
You will need to change the bolt head for each of your calibres, .223 - mini, 25-06 - standard, 300wm - magnum and possibly need the appropriate magazine insert as well. atb Tim

I run a 22.250 and a 6.5x55 using the same bolt head - just need an appropriate magazine for the two different bullets.

From Teckels list you could run a 22/250 or 243 for foxes, a 270, 308 or 3006 for deer and a 9.3x62 for moose, would work great!!

I have .22.250 ( use it during summer for fox and roe) and .308 (use it when stags come in through the winter) bolt head and magazine are the same, so only change the barrel and scope and good to go, .308 will let you hunt for most regular game right up to moose all round the world, only when you get into dangerous game do you need something a bit heavier.

Moose

If mixing short and long calibres you can leave the long mag in and seat the bullets a little longer, as generally there is a mag restriction that prevents you getting near the lands, not that blasers are fussy, all mine have shot .3 or better with little load development. Got a nice .243 that would sort all your uk hunting needs.... For moose, i suggest magners or stella

Thanks for the replies guys, thats been a big help... Im now thinking that a 22-250 & .270 may be the way forward.

I assume that using my .300WM LRS2 as the donor rifle, there will be no issues using these calibres on this model?

DA

Back