Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reloading manuals, your views

reloading manuals, your views

Wanting to get into reloading I've been scouring the forum and have come to the conclusion that the best manual to posses would be the Lee reloading 2nd addition manual , but i'm struggling to find any at a decent price , anyone got a copy or know of a decent stockist,

Am I right that this is a good place to start , the next most common answer was Lymans .

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by charlie-hunter View Post
    Wanting to get into reloading I've been scouring the forum and have come to the conclusion that the best manual to posses would be the Lee reloading 2nd addition manual , but i'm struggling to find any at a decent price , anyone got a copy or know of a decent stockist,

Am I right that this is a good place to start , the next most common answer was Lymans .

cheers
    I've got the Lee and use it occasionally. It's got a very readable introduction. I also like the Hornady manual. I've got a Berger manual on order. The manuals are a bit like rifles, one is never enough. Regards JCS

Kranks have a particularly good deal if you're either getting started with small cartridge reloading, or fancy something to keep your universal depriming die in ... LEE 40TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE [90700] - 34.73 : Henry Krank, Everything for shooters and collectors

35 gets you a copy of 2nd Edition plus a Reloader Press.

SD Regular
    If it is for general guide to how it is done I'd suggest any good manual such as old Speer, Lyman, etc., that can be bought off eBay. If it is for specifici to calibre loading information I'd suggest that manual by either the maker of the powder that you intend to use or the specific bullet that you intend to use.

And much of those powder manufactures post it FOR FREE on their website!

Or, alternatively, the one calibre Load Books or an online site such as Reloader's Nest or similar. In fact if you search your calibre and your powder in most internet search engines you will get a lot of load information.

I have the Lee one, cost 20 from a local gun shop.

Neil.

If a Lee 2nd edition loading manual cost 50 it would be money well spent.
    Sportsmans have them at 17.99
    Last edited by sikadog; 03-01-2013 at 18:36.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

weldon gun room have a copy of 2nd ed lee loading manual, See james tell him Alan sent ya
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    If a Lee 2nd edition loading manual cost 50 it would be money well spent.
    Sportsmans have them at 17.99
    Cheaper still @ 13.95 from Peter Lawman.

I've got one, but it would not be my first choice.

http://www.peterlawman.co.uk/reloading
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Including the Lee, I have at least 15 manuals, I prefer to use manuals printed by the manufacturers of the bullets I'm using, And some of propellant companies sell really informative books as well, and as enfieldspares pointed out , they all post data on their websites.Theres lots of good information out there, just be certain of its source.
    AB

the problem I see is the very same manufacturers change their data on an annual basis!

I was disappointed with the Lee book, it "OK" but it left me with a lot of unanswered questions and bitter taste of reading a catalogue/advert for Lee products.

The Nosler one was more informative in terms of general reloading techniques, styles etc IMO