Films of James Douglas

Hi everyone
I would be very interested in getting hold of the hunting films with the very professional hunter James Douglas. I watched his film Roebuck Stalking when I was little from vhs video, and remember how good his hunting film was.

I have seen that he has been making several films, like: Roebuck Stalking, Fallow Stalking, Muntjac Stalking, Capstick/hunting the Cape Buffalo, and Hunting the exotics, as well as I have seen another film of his with Wild Boar Hunting in Turkey.

Is there anyone who can please help me with how I can get these films (on dvd preferably!)

Link to see the front page of his films:
ROEBUCK STALKING: JAMES DOUGLAS: Amazon.co.uk: Video

Kind regards
Jens Rasmussen

I have got somewhere his wildfowling video you are welcome to it if it is any good to you.I dont rate him at all.
Wf1

I have had a copy of his films in the past they were DVD but someone had copied them from VHS onto DVD. They were poor quality viewing (not commenting on the content). I believe that i gave them away, think they were purchased on ebay for a couple of £. Sorry dont have any more info, but its better than nothing.

All the best

Tam

Aaaah Yes, I remember it well.

I remember him taking the gall bladder out of the Red deer!!!

To my knowledge, the only other person doing vids at that time was Jack Charlton!!!! ..... "I went for a neck shot, knowing it would be a miss or a kill!!!!"

Yeah, right Jack!

oi
Pack it up you ... "You nae be needing these no more". Classic
and probably still being used by many a stalker to this day...lol

Forgot about that line!

He used to come Pigeon shooting with me , when I worked in Perthshire. Nice enough guy, he did a fair bit of product Placement for Parker Hale at the time :)
From what I can remember, his wife was a fairly decent dog trainer.

Did the Indians on the south side of the Tay eventually get him then.
Wf1

Apparently he was testing a new bow and made the classic mistake of dry firing it [ without an arrow loaded]
the shaft of the bow broke when hit by the string part of the shaft coming back and hitting him, at least I am led to believe that was the course of events, he was not killed immediately but died later in hospital from his injuries.

I loved the bit in the stalking video where he opens a very smart leather briefcase full of stalking accoutrements! Norma ammo and a Wyoming knife I seem to recall.

I’m still not sure if he was finest shot in the land as the multi position group shooting including off hand unsupported suggested or a wee bit of a fraud in that regard. Certainly he dropped a few roe bucks with considerable aplomb so perhaps the former?

Cheers

K

I have his video roe stalking. Will look into the cost of converting to dvd. Alternativley if there is a forum member who can do then l'm willing to lend it. Jason

Back