Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: keeping your reloading kit

keeping your reloading kit

i am expecting a visit from local bobbys soon . i have recently started reloading and i was wondering whether i need to keep any of my kit under lock and key . or am i right in thinking that until the round is complete its ok . thanks

keep your bullets in your ammunition safe but everything else is ok, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

cheers mereside

The only thing that your certificate conditions require "reasonable precautions" to be taken to prevent unauthorised access are expanding missiles, section 1 ammunition and the firearms themselves.

Loose solid bullets and section 2 shotgun ammunition do not need to be kept secure.

Some counties are keen to see primers and powder under lock and key as well. Powder obviously in a wooden container as opposed to a metal one.

I think it is a legal requirement for black powder is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    Some counties are keen to see primers and powder under lock and key as well. Powder obviously in a wooden container as opposed to a metal one.

I think it is a legal requirement for black powder is it not?
    For blackpowder yes, nitro & pyrodex no, no legal requirements on powders, primers & non expanding bullets, any FLD's asking otherwise should be sent away with the proverbial flea in ear, it is Parliaments' prerogative to make laws, not the police despite what they appear to think.atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by timbrayford View Post
    For blackpowder yes, nitro & pyrodex no, no legal requirements on powders, primers & non expanding bullets, any FLD's asking otherwise should be sent away with the proverbial flea in ear, it is Parliaments' prerogative to make laws, not the police despite what they appear to think.atb Tim
    With little ones getting into mischief in our house it makes sense to lock things away. As for FL clerks asking things they shouldn't, I do agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleberry270 View Post
    With little ones getting into mischief in our house it makes sense to lock things away. As for FL clerks asking things they shouldn't, I do agree.
    Yes I totally agree, if you have mischievious children it does pay to use some commonsense and keep harmful substances out of their way. atb Tim

thanks for the replys guys . all my stuff is locked in a cupboard away from the kids . but this is not a police approved safe. but from what you say ime ok . measure twice cut once cheers

I've got my primers and bullets in the ammo safe, powder on a high shelf well out of the reach of the terrors.