Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non tech scope

Non tech scope

I am looking for a scope for my new 06 it needs to be fairly basis I require 3-9x42 or 4-12x42 no paralax adjustment but good quality glass and not too expensive any suggestions.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

I've been really pleased with my leupold .

So long as seen in person or from reliable dealer ( )- so as to avoid the dodgy batch last year - worth checking Minox.

Also Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44 - the only one with Viper optical quality, but without dials, knobs, do-hickies etc.

Sadly most manufacturers are convinced 'we' want minimum 65mm objectives, flux capacitors, fission powered illumination - to 'shoot better' - or is it they are trying to convince us?
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Maybe the best combination of bomb proof, very good optics, simple and not too expensive must be Kaps in Germany.
    These scopes are built in Germany (a few miles next to S&B) and use the best glass. My favourite was the 2.5-10x50.
    But they also have a 2-8x42.
    mm sporting has contact to Kaps in the UK.
    edi

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I am looking for a scope for my new 06 it needs to be fairly basis I require 3-9x42 or 4-12x42 no paralax adjustment but good quality glass and not too expensive any suggestions.
    2nd hand variable S&B or zeiss Diavari would both be good choices.

Not too expensive but very good, Burris Fullfield 11 3/9x40 ballistic plex cracking scope for not much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    So long as seen in person or from reliable dealer ( )- so as to avoid the dodgy batch last year - worth checking Minox.
    This is news to me, care to explain?
    By pm if you prefer.
    Cheers
    Richard

I have found Meopta scopes to be excellent value for money.

DDS. Heard of only via several customers - so perhaps should have added 'alleged'!

I understand that some ZA-5 Scopes experienced issues with their focus ring and/or ocular piece. I understand Minox service was all you would expect and problems were sorted PDQ. It was more than one or two - hence considered a batch issue - I do not know the specific cause.

Personally rate Minox highly and very pleased to see good 'bread n butter' scope models out there. I'm happy to use and recommend them. Stuff happens and Minox got it sorted to my understanding. I would implicitly trust a direct Minox approved dealer - but it can be hard for a customer to differentiate who is a direct dealer with regard to many brands.

Does the reliable dealer part of the sentence need explanation?
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

A s/h Swarovski PV 2.5-10x42 would be a solution. Cost 700 - 800.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......