Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Zeiss Conquest HD5 riflescopes

New Zeiss Conquest HD5 riflescopes

I have Zeiss Conquest scopes and rate them highly. They also were good buy from the states before Zeiss introduced Duralyte line, but I still think they are good value and I like American range of mag better.
    Now new scopes are coming in with x5 zoom and 1" tube. New lockable turrets and T* coating and LotuTec.

2-10x42
    3-15x42
    5-25x50

Anyone going to the states anytime soon?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zeiss_conquest_hd5_5-25x50.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	23046

One problem with some websites is that the data is not reliable. For me the weight of a scope is very important.
    The 5-25 is getting a bit heavy with over 700 grams compared to the older 6.5-20x50.
    The 2-10x42 being heavier than the 3-15x42?

If the weight of the 3-15 were true it would make a fine lightweight stalking scope especially with the lockabel target turrets.

thanks for the links.

edi

There is some more info on the zeiss us website

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    I for one would have the 5/25 with the rapid Z 800 on it,

all i need now is to win the lottery along with all the others,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I just bought the 5-25 with Rapid Z 1000 for my remington 700. I currently use Conquest 6.5-20 with this rifle. So when i will receive the new scope in a couple of days, i will compare it for you.

look forward to the comparison cangulay, ive a 6,5-20 and a 4,5-14 x 50 and for the money they are unbeatable, these new models do like nice
    cheers
    craig

Quote Originally Posted by cangulay View Post
    I just bought the 5-25 with Rapid Z 1000 for my remington 700. I currently use Conquest 6.5-20 with this rifle. So when i will receive the new scope in a couple of days, i will compare it for you.
    Hows does your new 5-25 compare with your old 6.5-20? I have two of the latter model which I'm very happy with, but the new one looks really interesting. Does yours have the lockable target turrets? How do they work? Also, can they be reset to zero in the field without tools?
    If only they made a Mildot or similar measuring reticle that was true around 10x mag. It could be the perfect scope.

I ordered a HD5 5-25x a couple of days ago with the z plex and lockable target turrets. I'd have liked the z-800 but decided that the turrets were more important and didnt like the z 1000 ret, just too busy.

15 day wait for delivery from Zeiss then however long it takes to get from the ole US of A

Hi jungle_re

be interesting to see a review once it arrives and what the full costs are with import duty and vat, i have the z=plez on a 4-14 x50 and is very good
    cheers
    craig

Will do - won't be till the end of Feb at the earliest as i'm currently working away till then.

Not sure on the vat and import duty as it never seems to follow any rules to me. Last time I ordered some carbon race wheel from the states that cost over 2k adn was expecting a killer fee and the total was under 150, I'll let you know once I get the bill.