Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: RWS components for home loads

  1. #1

    Wink RWS components for home loads

    Does anyone know of a source for RWS projectiles/bullets (call it what you want, the bit I'm after is the piece that goes down the barrel and hits the target). I've been recommended them as a good 308 boar round, but prefer to home load in the long run.
    Cheers

  2. #2
    I have never seen them, but give the factory stuff a try, I get as good with their .308s as I do with my home loads.

    One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

  3. #3
    go to your local RFD and ask him to ring RUAG (they will already be using them if they stock RWS or Norma)
    Ruag will order what you want in as little as 100 bullets and ship it with any order your RFD has coming in

    their lead time is 2-3weeks,, depending on whether your RFD has another order coming to keep shipping costs the same

    I see no reason why RFD have an issue with this, it cost them nothing, is a guaranteed sale and keeps you sweet....and you will undoubtedly buy something else when you are in the shop!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    go to your local RFD and ask him to ring RUAG (they will already be using them if they stock RWS or Norma)
    Ruag will order what you want in as little as 100 bullets and ship it with any order your RFD has coming in

    their lead time is 2-3weeks,, depending on whether your RFD has another order coming to keep shipping costs the same

    I see no reason why RFD have an issue with this, it cost them nothing, is a guaranteed sale and keeps you sweet....and you will undoubtedly buy something else when you are in the shop!!
    Well blow me down RUAG must have changed hugely as when I asked about Norma 9.3x57 they could not have been more unhelpful. They quoted a minimum order for 2,000 unprimed brass and 1,000 rounds of factory ammo and declined to give delivery times for either. I ended up buying in from abroad.

  5. #5
    hi treedave
    don't know if RWS sell just the heads that thay use but i use Sierra 180 gr Game king . have used geco soft spoint look on the ruag site cheap and do the job
    paul o'

  6. #6
    Give McAvoys at Standish a bell, as they show some stock on their site and ask you to contact them for others .... it didnt show RWS, but I know they do sell RWS factory rounds. I purchased some in .223 a while ago.

    Good luck.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    hi treedave
    don't know if RWS sell just the heads that thay use but i use Sierra 180 gr Game king . have used geco soft spoint look on the ruag site cheap and do the job
    paul o'
    RWS do supply and sell bullets for hand loading. However getting RUAG to stock them or supply them is another matter entirely. I brought some 247 grain 9.3mm Cone Points from France after giving up with RUAG.



    I also acquired once fired Norma brass direct from Sweden and the 235 grain Norma semi spitzers from another source. The official importers failed at every turn to help.

  8. #8
    thanks for info brithunter ,that will be why i'v never seen them for sale then i'll have a chat with rep next time i see him at one of the shows . maybe one at the shooting show next month or thay only wish us brits to use loaded ammo at£££££ and not at reload ££ cost.
    thanks
    paul o'

  9. #9
    This was not always the case. Parker-Hale were the Norma importers and they did bring in reloading components as well as Norma powders. The current importers unless they really have changed an awful lot are a total waste of space.

    I still have an empty red plastic box from some .270 Norma bullets somewhere.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    This was not always the case. Parker-Hale were the Norma importers and they did bring in reloading components as well as Norma powders. The current importers unless they really have changed an awful lot are a total waste of space.

    I still have an empty red plastic box from some .270 Norma bullets somewhere.
    I used to get Norma R1 powder for 38spl loads in the old days - really good results with it. I also got Norma bullets in the red boxes - also excellent product.
    Sadly RUAG does not have customer satisfaction at the top of its' agenda!

Similar Threads

  1. First deer with home loads.
    By Lever Man in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 12:04
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 24-01-2012, 22:33
  3. Someone elses home loads ?
    By Triggermortis in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29-10-2011, 20:50
  4. First try of my first home loads
    By oilmanjd in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 20-01-2011, 00:01
  5. Custom Home Loads
    By nielaj in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22-01-2010, 07:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •