Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bino harness

Bino harness

Worth shelling out for???? My bino strap after a while digs in my neck, will it help or am i better off just trying to get a better neck strap
    ATB Al
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

Regular Poster
    I think they're great but only just a minute ago read another thread which mentioned they're restrictive when changing layers etc (which is true). I like them because on the hill I find it stops the bin's bouncing around on my chest when walking in and out. It also stops them dangling to the ground sooner than they otherwise might when crouching. I suppose it depends on what type of stalking you do.

I've got a vortex one from Amazon( I think), only cost about 15, it doesn't have the wrap round caes that some have but definitely stops your binos swinging around. You could try Cheshire Lad (Rob) off here, he,s just started doing one.ATB Dom

I have leica binos and they come with a broad stretchy strap that doesn't dig in, I use to use a bino harness but I found it a pain in the arse if you had to lie prone as you can not move the binoculars round to your back out of your way.

Suffolk [North; where the pines and pigs are]
    Hiya Spoony

I would say go for the Badlands...
    http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/s...2631/cat100084

but they've put their prices up a h*ll of a lot due to "increased costs in obtaining the rare earth magnets" used in the closure mechanism; that said, if you're spendng serious coin on top-end glass such as Swaros, Leica, etc. then it's good insurance IMHO

Even the cheapest ones are well worth having.

If you want 'Gucci' though, these are pretty good:

Badlands binocase

(oops!...beaten to it by Kbar!)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony View Post
    Worth shelling out for???? My bino strap after a while digs in my neck, will it help or am i better off just trying to get a better neck strap
    ATB Al
    Would not be without them. Quick release or push out of way if you lying down. Much more comfortable with zero neck pain

cheers for replies, those badlands look posh a bit too posh for my pockets lol
    "Seek the wisdom of ages, but look at the world through the eyes of a child"
    http://www.totally22.co.uk

I have a Butler creek harness and have found it much better than the standard Leica strap,They stop your binoculars bouncing about, But like" Cumbrian 1" says they are a bit of a pain when you lie prone.
    Atb John.

A not to be without piece of kit along with my self inflation seat for long spells in high seats .
    norma