Rspca closure

RSPCA are just in for making money. I can give you half a dozen stories where they have refused to come out and deal with injured or distressed animals. As well as conning folk out of land. If you google it you'll find loads of bad press. signed

This situation is the legacy of political interference exercised through the Charities Commision, a quango created as a conduit by politicians for politicians to exert influence over the charitable sector. The previous government, aware that all governments eventually leave under a cloud often for lengthy periods in opposition, was determinded to prepare for its own inevitable demise by installing fifth columnists throughout the establishment and public life who would pursue a left-wing agenda effectively creating a government in exile. Charities are seen by most people as trustworthy altruistic organisations. If they can be used as a mouthpiece for political ideology they lend tremendous credibility to that message. Labour were detereminded to turn charities red and appointed the distasterous Suzy Leather in 2006 to hijack the system on their behalf. It was she who presided over a plethora of animal rights 'charities' most of which are nothing of the kind, they are political lobbying groups masquerading as charities. She may have gone but the political poison she injected into the system remains. The decline of once great charities like the RSPCA and the RSPB into squalid political propagandists is a symptom of political manipulation which exists at every level in public life.
Trying to fight this toxic legacy one case at a time will be like trying to push water uphill.

This situation is the legacy of political interference exercised through the Charities Commision, a quango created as a conduit by politicians for politicians to exert influence over the charitable sector. The previous government, aware that all governments eventually leave under a cloud often for lengthy periods in opposition, was determinded to prepare for its own inevitable demise by installing fifth columnists throughout the establishment and public life who would pursue a left-wing agenda effectively creating a government in exile. Charities are seen by most people as trustworthy altruistic organisations. If they can be used as a mouthpiece for political ideology they lend tremendous credibility to that message. Labour were detereminded to turn charities red and appointed the distasterous Suzy Leather in 2006 to hijack the system on their behalf. It was she who presided over a plethora of animal rights 'charities' most of which are nothing of the kind, they are political lobbying groups masquerading as charities. She may have gone but the political poison she injected into the system remains. The decline of once great charities like the RSPCA and the RSPB into squalid political propagandists is a symptom of political manipulation which exists at every level in public life.
Trying to fight this toxic legacy one case at a time will be like trying to push water uphill.

Know how you feel, but if we all carry a bucket?

I was 16 year's a copper and had the occasional necessity to work with these tossers now and then. EVERY time, they had to be reminded that they actually have NO F**KING POWERS WHATSOEVER. They are not the police...they just pretend that they are.

I've signed the petition, many years ago I used to give freely to these people, until one night I found an injured dog that had been run over, I tried every number I could find for the RSPCA, not an answer from one, answer phones or just no reply, one call to the PDSA and the problem was solved and the dog was cared for, that's were my money goes these days

Just read this article which Heym flagged and if you haven't read it already I would recommend it, including the commenst left beneath which are also interesting.

"People are naturally starting to ask by what right the RSPCA acts. Despite its policy of never killing a “rehousable” animal, it admits to putting down 3,400 animals for non-medical reasons in 2011. Its membership has fallen to only 25,000. This is a tenth of the numbers who turn out to support hunts on Boxing Day and a fortieth of the membership of the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds. Whom, then, does it actually represent? The RSPCA website does little to attract members, as opposed to donations. It looks as if it likes to trade on its huge, historic reputation, without answering to anyone."

Archemedes found a way and like his device, perhaps these organisations need screwing.

SIGNED

Signed. The RSPCA does appear to be repositioning itself away from the practical hands on help to distressed and abandoned animals and towards political lobbying and litigation, the latter appears to aimed particularly at those who are too poor or inarticulate to defend themselves against such a wealthy and powerful "charity". atb Tim

Back