Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unusual European Trophy Sheilds

Unusual European Trophy Sheilds

Hi All

I would appreciate any feedback on a range of trophy sheilds which I am in a position to source from Czechoslovakia.

These are by no means cheap as they are hand carved - they retail price point should be about 60 + p&p...

They are obviously not something that one would purchase for representative roe heads etc, but for those lucky enought to shoot a medal head maybe it warrants something attractive to mount on.

There are other designs along with the ones below but these were the one's that caught my interest.

Appreciate anythoughts..

Rob

www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

To me there crap mate its about the trophy for me not the shield. I would put the 60 towards a stalk and take my chances.

Also looking "nice" for someone who likes this style... But I think the same as 6pointer: they are not worth this amount of money!
    I got one of my red stags on a shield like this: Afterwards sure enough not worth this lot of money!
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Thanks - my thoughts were they might appeal to a very "individual" market...

Rob
    www.monarchcountryproducts.co.uk for quality stalking & shooting accessories

Bit too fancy for me it takes your eye off the trophy, let alone the price. Very nice though just not my bag.

I could see people buying these, maybe a slightly lesser price but would be a break from the norm as everyone seems to have their heads mounted on the same style of wood.

For those who are already spending the sums required to hunt European trophies they will probably appeal. The game keeper I used to stalk with had a fine Austrian Red mounted upon such a carved shield and it suited the skull very well.

For others they may add a bit of decoration. As to price when one considers that the mount is for life then how much is too much?

Another point is that similar shields are available in th UK for less probably. I bought two Oak ones for Roe with Oak leaves carved either side for an awful lot less.

I find them very appealing and, in my opinion, it adds to the respect added to your trophy but at that price I think I'll settle for the usual ones that cost a lot less.

They look good to me and if I ever shoot a medal quality trophy I would certainly spend that little bit extra and mount it on a shield like those. They have that europen style about them.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    They look good to me and if I ever shoot a medal quality trophy I would certainly spend that little bit extra and mount it on a shield like those. They have that europen style about them.
    They would certainly add to the presentation and display of your trophy I agree, but I think the price is a little too off putting.