Can i?

RED-DOT

I am selling my 28 gauge EELL for an agreed value via a gunmaker in Balloch and I was wondering if once I inform my firearms office that it is sold am I legally allowed to store the 28 gauge cartridges I bought?

Hi red dot.

No problem what so ever as long as you have a valid shotgun cert you can store whatever cartridges you please, it is totally different from holding an FAC which is calibre specific.

Regard's Mark.

Hi red dot.

No problem what so ever as long as you have a valid shotgun cert you can store whatever cartridges you please, it is totally different from holding an FAC which is calibre specific.

Regard's Mark.
Hi Mark
Actually you don't need a shotgun certificate at all to hold shotgun cartridges,only to buy them.
Geordie

I have a lot and when a commission sale happens there is no meeting of the buyer so I can't "throw them in".

Last edited:
Shotgun cartridges are not controlled in the same way as cartridges for FAC weapons. It is perfectly legal to possess and carry shotgun cartridges (excluding people who are banned from owning them due to being prohibited persons under the terms of the firearms licencing act) whether you hold a SGC or not. Gauge of cartridge is not considered either. If you are buying shotgun cartridges from an RFD, other than at a registered clay shoot, then you are required to show a valid SGC. If you are buying them at a clay shoot then no SGC is required. You can buy as many as you like and are free to take them home with you.

So the answer is "yes, you can"

I will check but i have a few thousand and they are all mixed but not being a purist and not being a cow lover i believe they are plaswads.

Back