Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulsar Digisight doubler problem!

Pulsar Digisight doubler problem!

Just wondered if anyone has a Sony doubler on their Digisight, i am having trouble with the focus on mine and would appreciate any help!!

Its not a x2 doubler is it? they only work up to x1.7 otherwise it wont focus.

Scott Country on here should be able to offer some advice

It is the Sony 1.7x lens brand new and a doubler from Dr Bob, I cant see how it can be fitted any other way but its not right.

Sorry but does anyone have a Sony doubler on their Digisight who wouldn't mind me asking a few questions.

Hello,

We retail the lens kits with a Pulsar 1.7x lens which is designed for use on a Pulsar Gen 2+ NV device, therefore transmits adequate light to the device and allows the device to focus properly.

As for the Sony lens, some people source, this is a camcorder lens, with considerably less light transfer within the lenses and not designed for a night vision device, and as we have no dealings whatsoever with Sony products, we are unable to offer advice I am afraid.

Regards

SC

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Country View Post
    Hello,

We retail the lens kits with a Pulsar 1.7x lens which is designed for use on a Pulsar Gen 2+ NV device, therefore transmits adequate light to the device and allows the device to focus properly.

As for the Sony lens, some people source, this is a camcorder lens, with considerably less light transfer within the lenses and not designed for a night vision device, and as we have no dealings whatsoever with Sony products, we are unable to offer advice I am afraid.

Regards

SC
    Thanks very helpful, how does your kit fit the scope housing differently to allow this extra light through?

Hello, the adaptor we sell is the Dr Bob adaptor, which he also makes for a Sony lense, so the adaptor (apart from stepper ring) will be virtually indentical, so has no bearing on light transfer.

My point was that the optics of the Pulsar lense were "designed" for night vision devices, primarily Gen 2+ image intensifier devices, and therefore suited for low light conditions.

I do not know the F stop and light transfer characteristics of the Sony lens, but as it is a camcorder lense designed for personal video recording, i know it is not specifically designed for night vision was my point.

We tested these side by side when the idea first came about, (there is a video on Vimeo, will see if I can find it) and the clarity, focus, and light transfer was considerably better using the Pulsar lenses. (1.7x)

Regards

Paul

We bought the Dr Bob and sony lens and in a nutt shell its crap. We fitted and zeroed all good, went out that night and it was a foot to the left. That went on for a few nights. Eventually we went for one of these

Pulsar N550 Digisight Yukon Doubler Adapter | eBay

As you can see it attaches a different way and uses a different lens. 100% better.

Ads

Have heard of people having trouble with the Scott Country doubler which has to use an additional adaptor ring and ends up extending the front of the sight a fair way. I have not heard of anyone else having a problem with the Sony ones moving, they thread directly into the locking colar. My problem is with the focus when the lense is fitted. The parallax has to be set at infinity to get a clear picture and it then looses focus beyond 40m .

I can't see if it's a problem with the adaptor or the lense?