Thread: Bullet puller / hammer thingy

Bullet puller / hammer thingy

I'm after a kinetic bullet puller as I have some rounds which Im not entirely sure of. I got them given to me and not sure i want to fire them.
    not bothered about what the puller looks like at all as long as it will safely dismantle .308 and .243 rounds.
    all the best,
    mike

Don't know how many you have, but I can pull the .243 (don't have a .30 cal collet) rounds in the press for you.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    Don't know how many you have, but I can pull the .243 (don't have a .30 cal collet) rounds in the press for you.

Neil.
    Thanks for the offer Neil, only got one .243 round to do though. It's one with a dent in the case which I'm a bit worried about firing! Most of the rounds are .308, so I'll try and get the hammer thingy to do them all together.

As it sounds as if you only have a few, try this method.
    Put the relevent shell holder in your press, insert the round, lever the ram until the bullet is just protruding above the hole where you would normally mount your die, grip bullet with a pair of pliers and lower the ram pulling the case with it.
    Quite often the bullet can be salvaged and used again provided you hold it tight with the pliers and don't let it move when lowering the ram.

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    As it sounds as if you only have a few, try this method.
    Put the relevent shell holder in your press, insert the round, lever the ram until the bullet is just protruding above the hole where you would normally mount your die, grip bullet with a pair of pliers and lower the ram pulling the case with it.
    Quite often the bullet can be salvaged and used again provided you hold it tight with the pliers and don't let it move when lowering the ram.
    Find a bit of a chamois leather to wrap the bullet, or cut a thumb off a pair of work gloves, sit it in the jaws of the plier.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

hi mate i have a kinetic hammer and also a pullet puller for sale if your still after one both bran new

thanks CMR

ZEISS PRO STALKER

Quote Originally Posted by calton moor range View Post
    hi mate i have a kinetic hammer and also a pullet puller for sale if your still after one both bran new

thanks CMR
    PM Sent CMR,

Still on the hunt for a second hand hammer though (cheap as poss - not bothered about condition as long as it works!)

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    PM Sent CMR,

Still on the hunt for a second hand hammer though (cheap as poss - not bothered about condition as long as it works!)

Send me your address by Pm and I'll send you one!

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    Send me your address by Pm and I'll send you one!
    PM Sent!