Thread: .243 cal mod

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

.243 cal mod

Hi Lads

Having just sent off my moderator for inspection (back to the supplier)

as it has one more hole in it than it should have, so if it turns out to i need a new one i would like to ask on here if anyone has a second hand mod for sale please,

If you live in the local area or not to far a drive ill come and collect it, saves money that i just don't have to throw away on rfd costs etc.

Times are had as im out of work so im not looking for the be all and end all of moderators,

1/2" unf 20 thread is whats on the 595/.243, so needs to be a 25 cal job.

thank you

bob.

ps: please can you drop me a pm with the price and what you have to offer, fac is ready to ship on Monday for the variation and should be back very soon.
    Last edited by bobjs; 05-01-2013 at 16:53.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Hi,
    What type of sound mod did you have,as a matter of interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Hi Lads

Having just sent off my moderator for inspection (back to the supplier)

as it has one more hole in it than it should have, so if it turns out to i need a new one i would like to ask on here if anyone has a second hand mod for sale please,

If you live in the local area or not to far a drive ill come and collect it, saves money that i just don't have to throw away on rfd costs etc.

Times are had as im out of work so im not looking for the be all and end all of moderators,

1/2" unf 20 thread is whats on the 595/.243, so needs to be a 25 cal job.

thank you

bob.

ps: please can you drop me a pm with the price and what you have to offer, fac is ready to ship on Monday for the variation and should be back very soon.

it was a jetz
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    it was a jetz
    Not being funny but i think it will still be covered by Jacksons limited lifetime warranty,assuming that it is over 2yrs old.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    it was a jetz

Jet Z,

purchased in may 2011, developed a small hole just past the drop down in dia of the mod,

been sent back for JR to check it over, no more than 700 rounds both 222/223 and 20 cal most where from my old 2o tac,

i had a local workshop clean back the coating and to my horror found that the metal around the hole would get larger and larger if we kept cleaning it etc.

let see what happens,

but still looking for a replacement that i can use on both the 222/243.

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Hi Bob
    Did you spray the can with WD40 after shooting it?
    I have the same mod & that's what the instructions that came with it say to do to retard corrosion. (Incidently Steve Bowers in the BDS rifle maintenance video recommends this plus storing the mod on its muzzle so that any condensate or excess oil runs out.
    I hope mine isn't going to go the same way as yours!!
    For such a heavily built mod, it's very surprising its rotted through so quickly.

Ian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Hi Bob
    Did you spray the can with WD40 after shooting it?
    I have the same mod & that's what the instructions that came with it say to do to retard corrosion. (Incidently Steve Bowers in the BDS rifle maintenance video recommends this plus storing the mod on its muzzle so that any condensate or excess oil runs out.
    I hope mine isn't going to go the same way as yours!!
    For such a heavily built mod, it's very surprising its rotted through so quickly.

Ian
    Hi Ian

I do this without compromise, even if i shoot 1 round, it gets cleaned spay with wd40 then placed on top of the heater in the cabinet,

I just hope its a bad/faulty one as i can't afford 300+ for a mod at this time

bob.

Bob - Let us know the outcome please. With luck it'll be found to be a manufacturing defect.

Ian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Bob - Let us know the outcome please. With luck it'll be found to be a manufacturing defect.

Ian
    I'll let you know ?

I hope so Ian, im more skint than 10 skint things and for this to go tits up will just get the new year off to the kind of start i could do without.

bob.