HEREFORDSHIRE BOAR

WAYNE DAVIES

Distinguished Member
Hi All
I thought I would put a quick post on to tell you about our outing last night.
Well first we spotted these I think there was two sows and seven boarletts, sorry about the quality of the film but it was nearly dark.

We then spotted another larger boar on its own so we approached closer. The Boar was walking away from us and it was quite clear he was a "he" with a very large pair of nuts stuck out :eek:

We started to make a bit of ground on him when he turned and started to walk back towards us :rolleyes: :eek: I finally shot him at about 30 yards. He was quite aware we were there and not very concerned I eventually stopped him with a bit of a squeak before shooting.

DSC00738.jpg

Cheers Wayne

Well done Wayne, sizeable piece of pork that I hope you had the truck or quad close to hand, he has hernia written all over him.

John

Hi John
I've not weighed him yet but even with the plaster's bath we use it took the two of us five attempts to get him in the truck.
I didn't take the quad but thankfully we only had to drag him 30 yards, that was enough for me :D

Wayne

Nice one Wayne.
Glad to see you have a nice lot on there.
He is a light colour, i suppose thats the summer coat?

Catch up sometime

Jonathon

what a whooper and the boar is massive 2 :eek: :eek:
only joking well done buddy you must be happy with yourself i dont know if i would have want him 30 yrd away from me in the dark tho i would have been legging it :D

Hmmm....Iif I get a chance at boar I think I might need a bigger gun!! ;)

That's a cracking beast - makes me all the keener to try for boar. :D

Out of interest, what is the crop the boar are moving through in the video?

willie_gunn

well done wayne,i see what you mean he is a big un!! speak to you soon,i noticed he does look very light in colour,is it like johnathon said,in summer coat?

Cheers chaps,

Cervus hunter said
Hi wayne ,

Nice one mate

PS if you had to drag him 30 yards why didn't you let him get a bit closer
Hi Mark
I was holding the gun I wasn't worried :D :rolleyes: but I don't think Andy trusted my shooting that much ;)

See you soon mate.

Hi Johnathon
Yes he's in summer coat the flash from the camera made him look a lot lighter.

He weighed 224lbs clean, so not the biggest we have shot by a fair bit, but a nice boar.

Cheers Wayne

willie_gunn said:
Hmmm....Iif I get a chance at boar I think I might need a bigger gun!! ;)

That's a cracking beast - makes me all the keener to try for boar. :D

Out of interest, what is the crop the boar are moving through in the video?

willie_gunn

wiilie-gunn.

I have been lucky enough to have been last Nov. and i must say it's the most exiting thing you can do with your clothes on :eek: :lol: . Or maybe I need to get out more :lol:

See you soon

Jonathon

Wayne wayne wayne how many times do i have to tell you dont shoot the small ones. just joking mate that a nice boar you got there.
pm sent.

hi wayne, nice sized boar, check out the boars we have in our part of the world (Sind, south east asia) the pic is in trophy room section, how do i attach pics in this post?
regards

Back