Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First woodland red hind

First woodland red hind

Well fulfilled an ambition and shot and carried my first red hind.Definitely one to remember and my thanks to paul@barony for his generosity. the drag was okay but feeling the carrying it a mile back to the car this morning
    Thanks again Paul great time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

Get in touch with johnmacd on this site and he'll show you how to carry it like a rucksack. Much easier.

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Well done,

I have to say though, I would not carry one on my back. The Reds up here are covered in KEDS, horrible horrible things.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

Well done Mr T, you must have been excited you have got the photos upside down.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    Well done,

I have to say though, I would not carry one on my back. The Reds up here are covered in KEDS, horrible horrible things.

TJ
    And an increase risk of ticks (although not at this time of year), and a bollocking from the wife for the state you walk through the door in!

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    And an increase risk of ticks (although not at this time of year), and a bollocking from the wife for the state you walk through the door in!
    Hen pecked??Mind you,he's right regards ticks and mess....
    Well done on your first hind Teal.

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

They seem to come out right side up when I expand them John not sure how they don't go on correct.
    yep jamross65 I did somewhat stink but it was the smell of success. Been doing it too many years for her to complain too hard now .
    Ya tartin jock I had my collar well up as a precaution but like Paul I've found ticks in awkward places so don't get too excited.
    Goathunter1 you probably need broader shoulders than I have no doubt to carry it like a rucksack. Seen the Newzealand boys doing it that way.

Congratulations! You wouldn't want to do that with a Thetford Red!

Quote Originally Posted by teal View Post
    They seem to come out right side up when I expand them John not sure how they don't go on correct.
    Taken with iPhone or iPad I bet!

If you take a photo with your phone the 'wrong way' up it saves the picture upside down but with an embedded EXIF tag that says 'display other way up'. The trouble is that only apple products seem to respect that tag, so it will look the right way up on an iPhone or iPad but upside down on everything else!

The 'right way up' to take a photo on an iPhone is with the home button on the right. Obvious huh? Only Apple

Well done there's nothing like a first. Would'nt be too complacent about ticks though, a keeper up here died with lymes disease a couple of weeks ago. Taken a few ticks off myself over the years, now spray my clothing with Bug Proof Ultra and seems to work [contains Permethrin]