Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows licence help.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Windows licence help.

Hi Lads,

my oldest purchased win 7 for her own high spec laptop so she has the best things? for her art work for school etc.

Now me the div put it on a lap top i was going to sell on, since i done this i read the paperwork today and it states that the licence can only be used on 1 machine.

I have been on the windows help page and i can not for the life of me find a direct link of any kind to help me sort this out.

anyone have a clue what i can do, as i need to sort this or im sat here with a lap top thats about as much use as a chocolate fire guard.

thanks

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

If you haven't yet sold on the other laptop, can you not just format it and then you should be back in correctly licensed state?

probably you will need to buy another licence number, should be available from Microsoft, or you can buy an OEM version from a computer maker, loads on Ebay etc
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Blog Entries
    cheers lads,

i still have the lap top here, and i will check out the microsoft web site yet again,

lots of links to tell you about the licence etc,

but no link/contact details as to go about it, looks like a rather expensive phone call.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J o h n View Post
    thank you john

I don't need the pack i have a new pack here win 7 premium, all i need is the licence etc,

As mentioned ill keep searching that microsoft web site.

bob.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    but no link/contact details as to go about it, looks like a rather expensive phone call.
    If they are quoting a premium rate number try this site for a geographic equivalent:

But so long as your daughter's laptop is still working correctly without any licence warnings, you should be fine once you have formatted the laptop you are wanting to sell, so you shouldn't need to call MS.

As has been commented above though, there are some good prices for student licencing. Better than that though, some schools have a licence that allows their students to get free copies of some MS software:

Bob if you're selling the pc on get hold of an old Windows XP disc & install that - No license number cr*p on that. The PC will work fine on it.
    This modern W7 etc is just a bag of worms - Some old software won't work on it! 32 bit &64 bit software blues!!!! Etc.

Ian

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Bob if you're selling the pc on get hold of an old Windows XP disc & install that - No license number cr*p on that. The PC will work fine on it.
    This modern W7 etc is just a bag of worms - Some old software won't work on it! 32 bit &64 bit software blues!!!! Etc.

Ian
    ok Ian

Ill see what i can do mate : been a long time since i did this stuff,

bob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh6 View Post
    If they are quoting a premium rate number try this site for a geographic equivalent:

But so long as your daughter's laptop is still working correctly without any licence warnings, you should be fine once you have formatted the laptop you are wanting to sell, so you shouldn't need to call MS.

As has been commented above though, there are some good prices for student licencing. Better than that though, some schools have a licence that allows their students to get free copies of some MS software:
    cheers OH.

my daughters lap top is fine, it registered as per the norm etc.

i thought it would be good to load it onto my old but rather good Packard bell lap top as it was updating just about every second time i used it on line.

it was then and only then that i read on the documents with the new software, and it says this licence can only be used on one new machine,

having done so i expect it will up load and then be detected and thats when the problems will start.

I don't have any more winpacks just an old recovery disc for the PB laptop so im stuffed,

bob.