Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: DuraCoat, Cerakote or Hydro Dipping

  1. #1

    DuraCoat, Cerakote or Hydro Dipping

    Hi All,

    Looking for some recommendations based on below:

    I have a Tikka T3 tactical the plastic stock has been scratched so will need small filling and painting, do you think a car bodyshop could take care of this I know they can do door handles on cars?

    I also have another Tikka which has the matt black phosphate finish, the moderator has made the barrel shine where the rear ring used to slip over the barrel when screwing on/off so I would like to get the barrel and action painted or dipped.

    I am in the South West so any contacts or suggestions welcome

    Thanks Nigel

  2. #2
    PM Kaleidoscope off here, he is the owner of Jager Sporting Arms, an authorized user for Dura-coat or cera-coat, located in the SW.
    ATB

    Tahr

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    PM Kaleidoscope off here, he is the owner of Jager Sporting Arms, an authorized user for Dura-coat or cera-coat, located in the SW.
    ATB

    Tahr
    You do mean Jager Sa ?

  4. #4
    Or Dave Wylde at Valkyrie Rifles. His work is very good, and he turns stuff around in reasonable times, without any BS or drama.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by danpd View Post
    Or Dave Wylde at Valkyrie Rifles. His work is very good, and he turns stuff around in reasonable times, without any BS or drama.
    Griff's just had a rifle back from this chap, He sounds very pleased with it.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

  6. #6
    Just had my Sako done in Cerakote by Dave @ Valkyrie Rifles, quick turn round less than a week and the finish is superb.The opti-loks are just heat proof paint.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	268.6 KB 
ID:	23166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	23167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	23168
    Last edited by griff; 07-01-2013 at 16:55.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Just had my Sako done in Cerakote by Dave @ Valkyrie Rifles, quick turn round less than a week and the finish is superb.The opti-loks are just heat proof paint.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	268.6 KB 
ID:	23166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	23167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	23168
    Griiff
    I like the colour. What is it called? (apart from Black obviously)

    Yorkie.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
    Griiff
    I like the colour. What is it called? (apart from Black obviously)

    Yorkie.

    James Clark did mine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

  9. #9
    Hi Yorkie,
    I think it is called Armor Black.

    regards
    Griff

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Just had my Sako done in Cerakote by Dave @ Valkyrie Rifles, quick turn round less than a week and the finish is superb.The opti-loks are just heat proof paint.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	268.6 KB 
ID:	23166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako1.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	386.2 KB 
ID:	23167Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sako2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	299.6 KB 
ID:	23168
    I like the look of this, look very similar to the TRG/ T3 phosphate finish, am I correct in thinking that? Would you mind sharing the cost, by PM if you would soon not post, thanks Nigel

Similar Threads

  1. Duracoat and Cerakote Firearm Finishes
    By Jager SA in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 18:09
  2. Wanted Creosote dipping tank
    By Roedinator in forum Other Items
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 26-10-2012, 10:10
  3. Duracoat
    By moray loon in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 20-09-2012, 08:13
  4. Cerakote?
    By flytie in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 30-06-2012, 04:18
  5. CERAKOTE BLACK..jobs done.
    By johngryphon in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 29-06-2011, 14:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •