kia sportage

nuttyspaniel

Ive just picked my new car. Its a 05 4wd sportage diesel. Any other sportage owners know of any niggles etc it can pick up? And what sort of mpg do you get? Its done 70k 2 owners and full service history, Im not sure if its timing belts been done so thats something Ill need to look into.

Nutty

Last edited:
Hope it goes well for you , a cattle dealer I know has one and it has its niggles , but its on 140,000 and what doesn't ?! Don't take it offroad tho , I've seen that thing get stuck in a cow****

Think they are ok for slightly off road but I wouldn't venture into anything remotely risky ,if you are thinking of doing that at least make sure you have very good all terrain or mud tyres fitted......best of luck with the new car anyway.

I took one of road a chap from the middlands it was as good as all the other x overs mate .Make sure its got good boots on and you will be fine. I did take the new sportage for a real test drive over the shooting ranges up our way and i really put it through its paces the salesman was shiitting him self. But the wife who also uses the car wanted a New shape RAV4
Best of luck i hate cars

I had an older version, I think it was a 1998 Model but it did all I asked of it and it would of done more if it'd had more aggressive boots on it. Had it for 4 years from 3rd hand and for me , no niggles. It was petrol though and did about 23mph round the lanes. Good car and I think the newer models are bigger and roomier.
Good luck with it

Not sure which year but they have a known fault with the gears very expensive to put right unless its under warranty from a dealer they drop out of gear or get stuck in low gear and you cant shift it, like i say if its under warranty it wont matter my mate was quoted £2000 so he got rid

Nutty , I was a passenger in one when we were duck shooting . Very impressed with its off road capabilty and the one i was in had road tyres on !

Chill

Not sure which year but they have a known fault with the gears very expensive to put right unless its under warranty from a dealer they drop out of gear or get stuck in low gear and you cant shift it, like i say if its under warranty it wont matter my mate was quoted £2000 so he got rid

Just tried googling gear faults and didnt get too many hits, hopefully its a very limited problem...

Just tried getting hold of my mate to find out more details no reply as yet ! i know he was very happy with the car until this fault occurred it was covered under the kia warranty but the last dealer had failed to stamp his book at the last service so they would not do the repair.

my shooting buddy has an 04 plate and he loves his has had it stuck once but even farmer got stuck in his hilux get good tyres for it and im sure you will enjoy

adrian

My wife has an older Kia Sportage which had problems with engaging the 4x4 - it uses some vacuum pipe system which easily breaks and is a known niggle.
Also, to engage four-wheel drive you first need to get the car moving (before you can engage it!) and that can be a bit of an issue if you are stuck in mud or snow ;)

Cheers for the unput lads. Ive just had a good run in it and seems well. Its a pleasure to drive and cruises nicely on the motorway.

nutty

Hi Nutty
I apologize the model affected was the sorento up to 2010 not the sportage model sorry about that good luck with your new motor happy shooting

375 mag

Back