Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help building high seat.....

help building high seat.....

Hello.
    Any one got any plans or know a good link . Fancy putting one in a corner over looking a good run in summer but dnt fancy leaving it so diy will be fine. Needs to be at least 4meters .. Cheers

Try a PM to Roedeerred off this site
    His high seats look spot on

Bob

I've built 3 now using two 4.6 metre lengths of wood from the local timber merchants that cost about 11 each to make the two legs plus other bits and pieces that I had including some decking boards.Attachment 23207Attachment 23206Attachment 23207

I use coach bolts from Screwfix. Plus once raised I bolt it to the tree using 10cm bolts and use a couple of planks to secure it to the tree so it is solid. Works a treat.

Regards David
    Last edited by daw; 08-01-2013 at 09:09.

Sorry included one photo twice. Here is the third, not sure if it is the same one as above.

Attachment 23208

A simple contraption made of rough-sawn oak and an aluminium ladder section.
    A threaded rod goes through a hollow ladder rung to firmly anchor the wood to the metal.
    HWH.

A commercial folder seen at an exhibition in Denmark.
    HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by daw View Post
    I've built 3 now using two 4.6 metre lengths of wood from the local timber merchants that cost about 11 each to make the two legs plus other bits and pieces that I had including some decking boards.Attachment 23207Attachment 23206Attachment 23207

I use coach bolts from Screwfix. Plus once raised I bolt it to the tree using 10cm bolts and use a couple of planks to secure it to the tree so it is solid. Works a treat.

Regards David

Am not trying to be smart here but I am not sure that complies with the necessary regulations. Hope I am wrong because being over cautious has stopped me doing a similar thing.

BASC have plans on their website (Document Summary).

Don't think it will be 4 meters high but guess you could increase the length of the uprights to suit - bit heavy to be carting around if you don't want to leave it in situ though

Thanks for the info . I will leave it in situ so the extra weight from the lentgh is no prob. I was considering using my tree surgery climbing gear and going up with the ropes haha....

Quote Originally Posted by exmarksman9870 View Post
    Thanks for the info . I will leave it in situ so the extra weight from the lentgh is no prob. I was considering using my tree surgery climbing gear and going up with the ropes haha....
    Not a bad idea you might lose some of that spare tyre your carrying.lol do you need a supervisor?