Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sire needed for my GWP

  1. #1

    Sire needed for my GWP

    I hope this is the correct section for this, if not please accept my appologies. I'd like to breed from my 4 year old GWP. Tried last year but the dog I took her to wasn't interested. He was 5 and had not sired a litter before so perhaps was inexperienced. Anyway the time must be getting close and like to try and sort out a sire for her. Must be a worker and of working background.
    Here's hoping

    PS pictures of her in my gallery

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finzean, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
    Posts
    69
    Deer Dog Available
    Good looking GWP! Hope it all works thinking of doing the same with my own GSP, Good luck.

  3. #3
    Looking for similar myself at the moment and may have found one, the real issues come in trying to find one with any health tests done that isn't 6 hours journey away or related! good luck in your quest.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerstalkermark View Post
    I hope this is the correct section for this, if not please accept my appologies. I'd like to breed from my 4 year old GWP. Tried last year but the dog I took her to wasn't interested. He was 5 and had not sired a litter before so perhaps was inexperienced. Anyway the time must be getting close and like to try and sort out a sire for her. Must be a worker and of working background.
    Here's hoping

    PS pictures of her in my gallery
    If the dog wasn't interested in the bitch there is a good chance that your timing was off . If you are travelling ang distance to a stud dog it is well worth getting your vet

    to run a couple of blood tests to ensure that the bitch has ovulated and that it is the optimum time to mate the bitch .

    Good luck

  5. #5
    Mark

    You could try talking to the GSP Club - They will have a website - When I was looking for my GSP they were very helpful.
    Alternatively there may be something on the Kennel Club website.

    Ian

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    Mark

    You could try talking to the GSP Club - They will have a website - When I was looking for my GSP they were very helpful.
    Alternatively there may be something on the Kennel Club website.

    Ian
    He might be wanting to have a GWP Litter.
    Google - Trudvang.

  7. #7
    I have a 3 year old health tested workng GWP dog that I have been thinking about standing at stud to health tested bitches. He is a mix of Wiggmansburg and Mustwork lines. If you would like to know more PM me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010124 crop.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	23284

    Sam

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by philross View Post
    He might be wanting to have a GWP Litter.
    Google - Trudvang.
    Dohhhh! You're right! I'm losing it! I know Mark well & his dog Maisie!!!! Wot a twit I is!!!!!

  9. #9
    wots the bloodline of your bitch I have a dog

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sam evans View Post
    I have a 3 year old health tested workng GWP dog that I have been thinking about standing at stud to health tested bitches. He is a mix of Wiggmansburg and Mustwork lines. If you would like to know more PM me.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010124 crop.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	258.0 KB 
ID:	23284

    Sam
    I Also have a Mustwork Dog 6 years old Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kik-2119363309.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	25214

Similar Threads

  1. Gwp
    By munsterlander in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 23:11
  2. Gwp
    By dully1963 in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 22:58
  3. Gwp
    By limulus in forum Photos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-11-2011, 16:01
  4. Wanted Gwp
    By sean in forum Dogs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20-10-2010, 19:47
  5. New GWP
    By Paul 600 in forum Deer Dogs & Tracking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23-07-2009, 13:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •