Thread: Stalking for free from Jelen Deer Services

Stalking for free from Jelen Deer Services

Hi Everyone,

We are incredibly pleased to announce the success of our Free stalking initiative whereby complete beginners can experience the thrill of stalking ABSOLUTELY FREE!

The initiative, which closed on New Year Eve has given 18 complete newcomers to the sport, a free stalk with Jelen Deer Services.

Thank you so much to all the kind sponsors who made the effort to bring the newcomers stalking, and received stalking at 1/2 price as our thank you for their efforts.

My Sincere thanks goes to Iain Farthing, who single-handedly has brought 7 new people to experience this unprecedented offer from Jelen Deer Services.

As part of our company's commitment to helping newcomers into the sport, the initiative was aimed at encouraging newcomers into deer stalking as our sport - as well as all other country sports - suffer increasing pressure.

It would be great to see more shooting companies/organisations follow our lead and encourage a youngster into all kinds of shooting. Imagine if every shooter in the UK could get just ONE other person into shooting in a year.

We will be repeating this offer later in the year to give young people and newcomers a chance to not only enjoy what we do, but to help increase the numbers of New shooters in this country.

To find out when these fantastic opportunities arise, register on our website Jelen Deer , its free, and you will be kept updated of any similar opportunities, offers and news.

Once again, a huge thank you to all the sponsors who supported our initiative.

Best regards,

Mike.
    (Director - Jelen Deer Services) Jelen Deer

Mike

Wasn't too much of a chore given the offer, and I'm now at 8 - all paid up and raring to go

Looking forward to getting them out in the field, starting later this month, and hopefully a couple might stick with it.

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post
    Mike

Wasn't too much of a chore given the offer, and I'm now at 8 - all paid up and raring to go

Looking forward to getting them out in the field, starting later this month, and hopefully a couple might stick with it.

Cheers
    i.
    Cheers Iain,

Look forward to seeing you soon.

Best regards,

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Jelendeer View Post
    Imagine if every shooter in the UK could get just ONE other person into shooting in a year.
    If we are talking specifically about deer [and I will assume we are] there is only so much land and so many deer to go around. If we doubled the number of people wanting to stalk deer I can see it been very good for the professional guides, I can see it been great for the training organisations (you'll need your DSC1, DSC2 and Deer Managers Certificate to go for this lease or shoot my farm) but for the average guy who just wants to shoot some deer without their own land it would be a very bad thing.

The competition for land and leases would rise exponentially.

The price of paid staking would rise and all these new stalkers would find that they couldn't commit to booking 3 months in advance (as I can't) or cannot afford the rising costs, so are put off the sport.

It's a bit different to taking your mate for a go at some clays.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by iainfarthing View Post
    - all paid up and raring to go......
    i.
    I thought they were 'ABSOLUTELY FREE'!

It's all to do with this thread where the experienced guy pays......

Available: Free stalking with Jelen Deer Services

Quote Originally Posted by Dama View Post
    I thought they were 'ABSOLUTELY FREE'!
    Ok, if you want to split hairs... "I'm all paid up and raring to go..."

However, I got my novices to fund half to outing

Cheers
    i.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

Having taken out my first 2 Newbie's, I'll post some comments shortly along with a couple of photos... 6 more to go, but I know that the first 2 will be back for more!

Cheers
    i.