Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking Trousers

Stalking Trousers

What stalking trousers do you recommend,I like the idea of the leather Harkila types.......whats good and whats bad please??

I use a nomad coat and pants never had a leak always come home dry

I have full leather harkila and they are a great trouser for winter I do wear long johns with them
    they are heavy ......so use braces
    hard to clean
    probably a bit smelly
    but they look good lol
    are they worth 400 probably not I would buy the pro hunter if I had my time over again I think .

regards
    norma

I wear these

http://www.swazi.co.nz/Online-Shop/P...k%C2%AE-Pants/

Warm, quick to dry if you manage to drench them (only the backside area is totally waterproof)and very comfortable, pretty much do what they say on the tin.

Highly recommended.

Regards

BP

Pro hunters all the way! 4years and only small stitch to inner layer.

Nomad plus 4s you might feel a bit damp but they basically evaporate water with body heat. I was sceptical about Nomad claims but they work and quite happy to crawl and lay in wet grass /heather and know i wont be wet for rest of the day. Works so well I brought the smock as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chiron View Post
    Nomad plus 4s you might feel a bit damp but they basically evaporate water with body heat. I was sceptical about Nomad claims but they work and quite happy to crawl and lay in wet grass /heather and know i wont be wet for rest of the day. Works so well I brought the smock as well.
    +1with the added advantage of being quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben P View Post
    I wear these

http://www.swazi.co.nz/Online-Shop/P...k%C2%AE-Pants/

Warm, quick to dry if you manage to drench them (only the backside area is totally waterproof)and very comfortable, pretty much do what they say on the tin.

Highly recommended.

Regards

BP
    Am I missing something here I'm sure they're great trousers but isn't it important to keep the front dry? I don't often sit down whilst stalking.

As for trousers the Harkila stuff is good , I have the Kodiak leather ones for winter (I think they are discontinued now but there'll be something similar). Only criticism is as stated above they are heavy. As for washing them only once a year whether they need it or not and the best thing for the leather is either mink oil or even betterFiebings 4 way Care leather conditioner.
    If I was to start again I think I would go prohunter.

They are the best in my humble opiion been stalking for nearly 38 years mine have built on braces (yes they are a bit heavy but hey ho arnt we all if it botherd me I could drop a few pounds like wise I would stop carring a 14lb Rifle) but the more fat and grease of the Deer you can get on them the better makes them more water proof never ever cleaned mine and are great with he rite boots Lundhags or Le Chameau etc,regards Bill

Kodiak for me and would buy another pair tomorrow despite the price tag if they were still available but harkila oryx look similar but without the lining