Blood tracking

Bavarians

Excellent working dog but also a great temperament, make a great family dog too. The other benefit is not too big, so don't take up too much space on the sofa......unless you have 4 in which case, you have to buy another sofa. :lol:
Regards
ali

Paul
don't rule out your labs just yet , as they are easy to train and more than capable of doing what you want them to, plus they are a multi purpose dog if you get the training right ;)
even know of several that hav won tri champion status (i think i hav that right)
GSP's are also a craking choice, as are HWV
but bavarian's are cute looking thou :)
Ali you say
you and all 4 Bav's on the couch together 'Wicked '
go be brave any pics :evil:

Thanks for the info Sikamalc, Ali and Stone. Like everything I do I will spend ages researching and looking for what's available and then probably get it wrong.
Paul

Paul
one bit of advice i now heed
what do you want the dog to do and how often
that will give you a better idea on what you realy are after, then add into the equation if i get a good dog and train it well what or where else can you work it
as most non professional stalkers may only need a dog a couple of times a year where as i professional or stalker that takes out clients for money or for free will possibly need a dog more frequently
if you are shooting a lot of deer or in tough terrain again a dog will come into it's own
not advising you on what you should or shouldn't do, just giving you a little more to think about

Bavarians

Paul,
If you want to just come and see our dogs feel free, we have a quite a few people who do that. just to get a feel for the breed.
Interestingly we also use labradors, and it is a matter of personal choice. ultimately you have to live with the dog and like it.
We once had a teckel and if i lived to be a hundred , me and the little ......would never have got on.
Stone, i'll try and get a cute bavarian picture to post, for you soft hearted stalkers. :lol:
Regards
ali

Re: Bavarians

paintandpins said:
Paul,
If you want to just come and see our dogs feel free, we have a quite a few people who do that. just to get a feel for the breed.
Interestingly we also use labradors, and it is a matter of personal choice. ultimately you have to live with the dog and like it.
We once had a teckel and if i lived to be a hundred , me and the little ......would never have got on.
Stone, i'll try and get a cute bavarian picture to post, for you soft hearted stalkers. :lol:
Regards
ali

I'm glad I'm not the only one to have fallen foul of a Teckel lol

I would love a bavarian also, but have 2 spaniels already and 2 small kids in a small house :eek: . The dogs are getting on a bit so they don't work as much as they used to.

the price of a bavarian was a bit of a shock when I enquired a while ago :(

As Stone says don't discount a lab either, I have whitnessed Sika, Stone's cracking little lab and she can certainly do the job!!!!!!!!! 8)

Regards

Jonathon

Thanks again for the info everyone. I am in a syndicate with six other people and have realised that not only have they got a back up just in case they wound something, they have also got another means of detecting deer.(good noses on the dogs). I have often wondered how many I have walked past not knowing they are there. Also noticed the other stalkers cull figures compared to mine are a little bit higher.
Ali, if I get some spare time in my hectic life, I'd like to come and visit, that would be great thank you.
Paul

Capebuffx3017.jpg

Here you go, my Bavarian Todd. Have to say the breed is a great one and they are so gentle and loving as well. Except when he latches onto a deer :lol:

He will be at the CLA with me

All the best Sikamalc

Back