Thread: tikka t3 mounts and scope rings to mount a Zeiss duralyt

tikka t3 mounts and scope rings to mount a Zeiss duralyt

I have a tikka t3 lite in .243 and have just purchased a Zeiss duralyt scope 30mm tube. it's replacing my leupold scope which has a 1inch tube. I was just wondering what people would recommend to buy to mount it on my rifle rifle, mounts and rings cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by younggun22 View Post
    I have a tikka t3 lite in .243 and have just purchased a Zeiss duralyt scope 30mm tube. it's replacing my leupold scope which has a 1inch tube. I was just wondering what people would recommend to buy to mount it on my rifle rifle, mounts and rings cheers.
    what mounts did you have on the tikka when you had the leupold scope on it?

I got them a couple of years ago so can't remember the make. just know . I paid 100 for the mounts and rings. the leopold is 1 inch tube though and my new Zeiss is 30mm

I got them a couple of years ago so can't remember the make. just know . I paid 100 for the mounts and rings. the leopold is 1 inch tube though and my new Zeiss is 30mm
    Sounds like optiloks at that price,if it is, you can just change the rings to 30mm and keep the same bases,if you take your mounts off the rifle there should be a screw in the centre of the base-which you will see when you turn the base over,undo that screw and change your rings (if it's optiloks).

thanks for the advice. I will check them when I get back from work, New to this site but everyone seems very helpful. thanks again

These!
    yours for 40 posted!

thanks for the offer but I need high mounts because the objective lenses is 50mm. low mounts would not lift the scope clear of the barrel. cheers though

thanks for the offer but I need high mounts because the objective lenses is 50mm. low mounts would not lift the scope clear of the barrel. cheers though
    If you have optiloks,you wont need high rings as you have the bases to take into consideration,i'm sure medium rings with your bases gives you enough cleareance,even for a 50mm objective.

dont forget that 30mm low rings have 5mm more height than 1" low rings
    you only need 12-14mm drop between the bottom edge of the ring and the barrel profile.
    The base of these is already 10mm high

unless your barrel is the same height as the action at the dovetail base they will clear a 50mm (excluding any with silly AO adjustable collars!)

your welcome to try them and post back if they dont fit, pay me when they do

I would just get Optilock bases and rings, you can choose whichever ones you want depending up how high to low you want the scope to mount. I have the same rifle in .308 and also a Duralyt 2-8. I went for an extra low mount so the rifle mounts-see to shoot as best possible, but depends on your exact scope and the way you shoot.