Thread: Sika heads

Sika heads

What do you guys use for cutting Sika heads before mounting?? I have a roe jig... To small and I just bought one for red deer and its to bloody big by miles!!!! Help please😔

Wood saw and steady hand

Al

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    Wood saw and steady hand

Al
    how do you hold the skull steady?? I never seem to manage and usually give up and try squeeze it into the roe jig!!!!

One hand holding the antlers and the other using the saw. I'm gernerous with the cut so i can level it off with a belt sander if needed

Al

Belt sander might be the bit I've always missed!!!! When do you sand it?? Before or after you boil it?? I would of thought it would've been very brittle after??

cheers
    David

Regular Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by redlab View Post
    Belt sander might be the bit I've always missed!!!! When do you sand it?? Before or after you boil it?? I would of thought it would've been very brittle after??
    Afterwards, after its dried out. Just go easy though (not because its brittle but because its v effective at taking it down).

Before you worry about cutting the head you should think about distributing the quality Sika meat among the folk you know

Quote Originally Posted by philross View Post
    Before you worry about cutting the head you should think about distributing the quality Sika meat among the folk you know
    Hahaha OK like the subtle hint I didn't realize you were after any, will give you a shout next time i have one