Thread: A Few DSCL2 Questions

A Few DSCL2 Questions

In 2012 I addressed my lapsed RCO certificate so not being frightened of the number 13 I figured this year it was time bite the nitrite gralloching gloves and sign up to DSCL2. Where better than here then to ask a few questions please:

1. Site related elegancies aside and fully mindful this qualification is a DMQ standard what if any pros and cons are there to be associated with registering with a;- BACS or b;- BDS?
    2. Assuming FCS still offer week-long client stalking opportunities with an FC Ranger is it possible to get all the necessary witnessed stalks signed off in this way?
    3. Are the FCS Ranger *reports covering my various hind/doe cull related outings dating back to 1982 in anyway useful/useable in the context of my portfolio? (*Note: I have no clue what was said about me other than I was allowed back!)

Any tips or suggestions most welcome please.

Thanks

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    In 2012 I addressed my lapsed RCO certificate so not being frightened of the number 13 I figured this year it was time bite the nitrite gralloching gloves and sign up to DSCL2. Where better than here then to ask a few questions please:

1. Site related elegancies aside and fully mindful this qualification is a DMQ standard what if any pros and cons are there to be associated with registering with a;- BACS or b;- BDS?
    2. Assuming FCS still offer week-long client stalking opportunities with an FC Ranger is it possible to get all the necessary witnessed stalks signed off in this way?
    3. Are the FCS Ranger *reports covering my various hind/doe cull related outings dating back to 1982 in anyway useful/useable in the context of my portfolio? (*Note: I have no clue what was said about me other than I was allowed back!)

Any tips or suggestions most welcome please.

Thanks

K
    1. Both providers of DMQ qualifications - you choose.

2. Yes if the FC Ranger is an AW and will ing to take you through your ICR's

3. No use at all.

Quote Originally Posted by deer man View Post
    1. Both providers of DMQ qualifications - you choose.

2. Yes if the FC Ranger is an AW and will ing to take you through your ICR's

3. No use at all.
    Re 3 - you do have a protion of your portfolio where you can provide details of your previous experience and certainly making mention etc will all help. But not a lot of point in submitting lots and lots of reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Heym SR20 View Post
    Re 3 - you do have a protion of your portfolio where you can provide details of your previous experience and certainly making mention etc will all help. But not a lot of point in submitting lots and lots of reports.
    Understood. At 54 and with a lower spine problem I can no longer pretend I'm up for balancing a couple of does on my shoulder whilst dragging a hind 3 miles anyway!

Klenchblaize,

Feel free to call me for any queries you have on 014 34 344 067, genuine unbiased advice with an assessor's hat on.

Best regards.

Jon.

For guided Roe deer stalking,. BASC accredited trainer for DSC1 and 2. BASC accredited training centre with courses held regularly.
    www.greenleedeer.co.uk