Wanted: wolf shooting

yozzer1982

as the title iam looking for some info on shooting wolves if the is any that can be recomended

cheer yozzer1982

There are a few firms that do it in Eastern Europe, Bulgaria etc. 3 years ago on a boar hunt in Bulgaria I had 3 come past on the first drive of the first day, within 20 yards! Before hand we had been led to believe it would be 400euros to shoot one, which I couldn't afford, so left them for another day. After the drive we were told all predators were to be shot on sight free of charge, I kick myself every single time I think about it! Ouch, there I go again!

Tom

i have found some outfitters one in alsaka and one in russia alaska is the best part of $10000 and the russion one is $5000 for a 6 day hunt all a bit pricey for me if any one knows a weba dress for any out fitters it would be gratefull cheers

If you want a European wolf, Athina Hunting Tours is running a couple of wolf hunts in Estonia in early December 2013 - these will be a combination of flag-hunts and tower hunts over blood/offal trail baits. December is the best time because that's when they have the first snow falls and it's possible to check on the wolves's movements in a given area by the new tracks.

Prices look like it will be around £1,800 - £1,900 for a 1:1 five day trip/ 3 day hunt, including one wolf trophy fee, full-board accomodation and hunting permits. Flights with Easyjet are around £100 rtn from Gatwick, plus about £50 for a rifle flight case. Should have firm details and prices in a couple of weeks. European lynx and Eoropean brown bear permits are available too, although 5-6 days of hunting are needed for these and the trophy fees are around £1,500 and £3,500 respectively.

Speak to Kiri at info@athinahunting tours.com and he'll sort you out.

Cheers,

Adam.

I know it's nothing to do with the thread but, I just couldn't bring myself to shoot one for sport..... If I ever find myself in the Rockies fighting for survival and it was a case of them or me-that's another story....

....although I don't hold it against another for doing so....!

I would suggest Macedonia, from all accounts it has the best Wolf Hunting in Europe. If you go with the right outfitter you will get one. Yes it will cost you 3-4 k but you will get one... I know several who have gone on other wolf hunts and not got one... go on two of those cheaper options and it will cost you more than going on a really good one. The best agent I know is Safari International, you will struggle to find a better agent.

Alex

Back