Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any companies sell a New 9'x4' Trailer

Any companies sell a New 9'x4' Trailer

Alright folks

This may seem a striaght forward question but does anyone know off any companies that sell a 9x4 trailer

I have spoke to most off the local agri dealer/trailer boys as well as looking on net at most of the more reputable makes and most don't make a 9x4 trailer, stanard sizes are 6, 8 or 10 long by 4 or 5 wide, i have phoned a few off the factories and some do custom trailer sizes but only if twin axle

The spec i'm looking for is just a basic single axle braked trailer, 9 foot long by 4 wide with a ramp back door
    It is mainly/almost exclusively only for pulling a quad, at moment running an 8x4 Ifor which is a great trailer but an extra foot (or even 6") at the front would be handy for odds and sod's nothing heavy.

Cheers for any pointers

I'm sure you have tried Ifor Williams? - I think they do custom builds as well.....

SD Regular
    Mine is an ifor . gd85 8x5 load bed with loading ramp . i also have the extended sides on so my honda foreman fits in with enough room to carry odds and sods including my cast camping stove .

The trailor is braked single axle with a load rate of 1.2 ton
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Try brain james in daventry they will make one for you and are really good trailers.

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Try wessex trailers in Yeovil. They make to order and are cheaper than Ifor.
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Cheers lads, i have spoke to the 2 local Ifor dealers and they say they dinae make custom trailers, never phoned the factory thou. From wot i can gather from the other manufacters and reading between the lines; is they have quite a lot of scope with a twin axle trailer as can easily adapt a longer or shorter chasis to suit whereas don't have the same range with single axle trailers and axle position will be quite critical whereas not so with a dual. Also i think there isnae enough money in a single axle small trailer for them to want the hassle.

Will try Brain James had forgot about him, his local agent is a caravan shop, will speak to him and see

Shuda i've got the 4ft version of ur trailer, sadly space at sides isnae as much use to me. I did think about loading quad across trailer (think should fit across ways but stick out) but would mean loading/unloading into traffic. Not good

Cheers again

I went through this and found that whilst I have historically been a Ifor fan I wanted the lightest trailer available to be able to take the largest payload(RTV and Red Stag no problem)............Bateson is what I went for..........

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

i would look at the Logic range of trailers (http://www.Logictoday.gb) they do a fast tow trailer that is a conventional trailer but the front drops down to give an extra foot of load bed if needed.
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser