Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: parts from the states

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

parts from the states

My good lady ordered some bits from a us company, (not gun parts but a Christmas pressie) just some components i wanted,

dispatched on the 28th, so with the festive delay when would you expect to see them arrive here,??

Robert.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

You will probably find they have been in the country for about a week. The delay is always with customs. I've ordered stuff from the states a good few times and I think the quickest turn around by customs is 3 weeks. You will then get a contact from the UK courier wanting cash as they will have paid the duty to release it from customs oh and they add their bit on as well.
    Still cheaper than buying over here though
    Wingy

As above, but recieved two parcels from states with request for custom duties around 10 days from odering to customs requests demand for payement, one sent on the 20th december. deerwarden

I ordered some bullets from Cliffs, they took 2 days from Los Angeles to the Isle of Wight.atb Tim

I've never had a delay with customs, but just pray you don't have Yodel as the UK courier.

I had some bit's wing their way from the US into the UK in 2 days, made it all the way to within 2 miles of my house to the local Yodel distribution centre and they "lost" it, no explanation, it just disappeared (read was stolen I think)

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    My good lady ordered some bits from a us company, (not gun parts but a Christmas pressie) just some components i wanted,

dispatched on the 28th, so with the festive delay when would you expect to see them arrive here,??

Robert.
    My experience was 48 hours from the US and THREE weeks in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Disorder View Post
    I've never had a delay with customs, but just pray you don't have Yodel as the UK courier.

I had some bit's wing their way from the US into the UK in 2 days, made it all the way to within 2 miles of my house to the local Yodel distribution centre and they "lost" it, no explanation, it just disappeared (read was stolen I think)
    This is the standard with these jokers.I had a parcel supposedly "delivered" by them a few months ago.Checked website and it said signed for by customer.Enquired and was told that it had definately been delivered at 12.01pm and it was their drivers word against mine.When they were informed that my cctv proved there was no delivery the story changed from "its here in the depot" to "the driver couldn't find your house so he left it at the address where he thought it might be" .Parcel never turned up and was replaced by seller and sent by a more reliable courier

Getting back to the original question if its sent USPS via Royal Mail/Parcelfarce it'll usually be about 2 weeks.If its shipped by DHL or UPS I've had the stuff from door to door in three days.I usually stump up the extra (for peace of mind) for UPS/DHL which means they've got their own customs clearance sections at the airports.Using Parcelfarce your parcels are sat in customs for half the time

couple of christmas' ago the Royal Mail left a 3ft long box from Amazon against our front fence whilst we were away for 2 weeks and considered it "delivered"
    They even admitted they had basically left it on the street roughly outside my house and couldnt understand why I was incredulous that this was a "delivery" service! funnily enough it wasnt there en we cam e back!!

they coughed up
    they are all insured

I just bought some bullets from reloading international, they were sent on dec19 and arrived here on monday, they were in the uk longer than the us.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    thanks lads.

ill give it until this weekend if nout turns up,

hell shall befall them, from a wife scorned.

Robert.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube