Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lyman DPS1200 series 1 fault

Lyman DPS1200 series 1 fault

Arrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went to load some 25-06 tonight using my faithful old Lyman 1200DPS and when I went to calibrate it I got "Error" on the screen!

Even if I bypass the calibration routine I can only weigh up to 76gn. DOH!

Anyone got any ideas as its not powder stuck under the pan, I checked that first thing.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'll be ordering an RCBS Chargemaster soon.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

I own the dps2. However will never own an electric scale again. Currently I am throwing charges from a harrel powder thrower. I have no need to weigh my loads the consistency is outstanding. Just as mike at Carlton moor about when I popped in to check my zero. Just use an decent scale to set it up mind.

Ill admit it was me that missed a fox twice and not my rifle or load
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

My suggestion? Seriously consider getting off the Chinese-made electronics. They will always fail in the end. My Ohaus scales are about 40 years old and still dead on. A powder hopper, a good beam scale and a trickler. I can dump and weigh a charge of stick powder in about eight seconds.~Muir

But Muir everything has to be electronic or it's no good .................................................. ........... mechanical is juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust so old hat.

Even if it does just keep on working .

Is there not an upgrade kit for the Series 1 machine? I've seen it advertised.

MAY be the solution to the problem....

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    i had the same problem, they sent me 2 power adaptors, then a third and its working now as it was the power adaptor,

I have both the usa adaptor that fits into the uk converter, and i have the direct uk plug in the wall adaptor both new and unused

scales have now gone and im back on the 505's.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    My suggestion? Seriously consider getting off the Chinese-made electronics. They will always fail in the end. My Ohaus scales are about 40 years old and still dead on. A powder hopper, a good beam scale and a trickler. I can dump and weigh a charge of stick powder in about eight seconds.~Muir
    Thats the way to do it

RCBA UniFlow, set and forget if you keep it more than 1/4 full.

Neil.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    RCBs UniFlow, set and forget if you keep it more than 1/4 full.

Neil.

just what i have 2 in fact, .243/308, and 20 cal.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Thanks for all the info gents.

I am a bit of an anorak so I will stay with the electronics, I can't say I thought about the power supply but will get a multimeter on it later.

Thanks again for your help all of you.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.