Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zeiss customer service?

Question Zeiss customer service?

Hi Guys,

I am having to send back my Zeiss duralyt as it wont zero. It took a knock the other day so i went to check zero and it shot a foot to the right. I went to bring it back to center but ran out of clicks about an inch before reaching center I then reset the dial to center and tightened the scope mounts, although there was no movement when i tried to move the scope i thought this might help, but same problem again.

So I took the scope off completely, put it back on and tightened it up again and set the dial to center again. It shot a foot to right again almost touching the other holes in the paper from before, then went to bring it back to center again but ran out of clicks and put the shot through the same hole as previous. I don't believe there is a problem with the mounts as they are good quality and the scope went back to shooting the exact same place after taking it off and back on again. There is no problem with the drop dial as all the shots were in a straight line even after taking the scope off and on again and having a fiddle with it, it shot to where i would adjust it to.

I believe the problem is with the horizontal dial as i am running out of clicks to bring it across and it doesn't seem to be moving the point of aim a cm a click as the scope says. It is 60 clicks either way from center so should be moving my point of aim 60cm but its seems more like 30cm....

Hope what i have said makes sense.

I have contacted uttings who i brought the scope from and they said to send it back and they would send it on to Zeiss. Is this a problem anyone has had before? Can it be fixed and what am i likely to be charges to fix it?

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom,

Are the bases adjustable? i had a set of leupold rings and bases on an xbolt, these bases had to screws on them to adjust the windage and centre the scope perfectly. I didnt know this, had the same prob, gun was shooting way left and didnt have enough clicks to bring it across to the bull. tried on another gun and scope was fine then i found out the adjustable bases were not centred!! d'oh

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi Tom,

Are the bases adjustable? i had a set of leupold rings and bases on an xbolt, these bases had to screws on them to adjust the windage and centre the scope perfectly. I didnt know this, had the same prob, gun was shooting way left and didnt have enough clicks to bring it across to the bull. tried on another gun and scope was fine then i found out the adjustable bases were not centred!! d'oh
    No i am afraid they are fixed and were put on by my gunsmith. cheers for the help.

Tom

I am not sure it is scope problem, but if its under warranty should be free.
    Call them 01223 401524

Is it possible to try it on another rifle, even a rimfire or airrifle. you will then know its deffo a scope issue.

Quote Originally Posted by glogin View Post
    Call them 01223 401524
    Yes it is under warranty, only had it 5 months.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by glogin View Post
    Call them 01223 401524
    I would tend to agree. I've had issues with mounts and running out of vertical adjustment in the past. Regards JCS

Quote Originally Posted by www.yorkshireroestalking. View Post
    Is it possible to try it on another rifle, even a rimfire or airrifle. you will then know its deffo a scope issue.
    I will stick it on the air rifle and give it ago in the garden. Im afraid i only have the one rifle.

Cheers for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by jcampbellsmith View Post
    I would tend to agree. I've had issues with mounts and running out of vertical adjustment in the past. Regards JCS
    There was no problem with the mounts or the scope when i 1st zero'd it. It has only occurred since it took a knock.

Phoned Zeiss today and have been asked to send it to them in Cambridge for a look at it, and if its needs work will go off to Germany. Im away at uni anyway so at least im not losing out on stalking.