Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluke in Deer Meeting

Fluke in Deer Meeting

On behalf of The Deer Initiative and The North West Branch of The British Deer Society

Location: The Crooklands Hotel,Kendal,LA7 7NW (Just off junction 36 M6 - take A65 to Kirkby Lonsdale, 1st left at roundabout, Crooklands Hotel is about a mile on right)

Date/Time: Tuesday 15th January 2013 at 7.30pm.

Presentation on Liver Fluke and its increase in recent years with discussion on how it affects deer, plus other deer diseases

Anyone with an interest in deer welcome.

Please feel free to forward these details to anyone else who you think may be interested in attending the evening.

I will try to make it across.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

I'll be there, should be interesting.

I'll be there if I think I can manage the long drive!! Better pack a picnic for the way!

Never leave home in winter without a flask and a tartan rug

And cushions on the back parcel shelf!

I'll be there too, look forwards to it.

Just arrived back from the talk / discussion.

It was a very pleasant surprise to see (and count) 98 people in attendance - amazing turn out!

The presentation given by Iain was very well delivered with plenty of slides - via powerpoint, which showed clearly the effect of this horrible parasite on deer.

Iain carried on with a brief presentation on TB as there has been a confirmed outbreak in the area.

There then followed a question and answer session with discussion from the audience about Liver Fluke, its control, TB and other issues with deer welfare.

I have to say this was a very well planned and professional presentation, every credit to Iain Richards (Buchan) for passing on his knowledge and thanks should go to the Alistair Boston (Deer Initiative) and NW BDS for arranging this informative and enjoyable evening.

Well done!

I thought it was an impressive turnout.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
    Just arrived back from the talk / discussion.

It was a very pleasant surprise to see (and count) 98 people in attendance - amazing turn out!

The presentation given by Iain was very well delivered with plenty of slides - via powerpoint, which showed clearly the effect of this horrible parasite on deer.

Iain carried on with a brief presentation on TB as there has been a confirmed outbreak in the area.

There then followed a question and answer session with discussion from the audience about Liver Fluke, its control, TB and other issues with deer welfare.

I have to say this was a very well planned and professional presentation, every credit to Iain Richards (Buchan) for passing on his knowledge and thanks should go to the Alistair Boston (Deer Initiative) and NW BDS for arranging this informative and enjoyable evening.

Well done!
    +1 from me and everyone I spoke to afterwards was in agreement, very interesting. Hopefully the presentation will be available on the DI website in a fortnight or so, if so I'll try and post the link here.

Thanks also Redmist for having a look at my rifle!

Nick