Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Which scope?

  1. #1

    Which scope?

    Narrowed my choice down to these two. Would appreciate your opinions on either. I've suffered weeks of information overload regarding scopes so while I would normally appreciate alternatives can I ask you guys not to mention others you feel I may be better off with or I'll be back at square one again

    Scope 1

    http://www.newpro-eu...oa-reticle.html

    Scope 2

    http://aimfieldsport...ISS8-32x56LRMOA

    The scope will be going on a target rifle and will be used over 300, 500 and a 1000 yards.

    Thanks.

    Tommy

  2. #2
    Surely if it's for target use out to 1000 yards then the 8x magnification on the second scope would rule it out instantly?

  3. #3
    Vortex scopes are great , I'd go for the vortex .

  4. #4
    Sorry couldn't resist

    Doctor optics sport - 8-25x50 fine target ret, 726 @ continental shooting

  5. #5
    Ok bench resters! GO!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Sorry couldn't resist

    Doctor optics sport - 8-25x50 fine target ret, 726 @ continental shooting

    The dot reticule and lack of adjustments would IMHO rule this out.

  7. #7
    just noticed 25mm tube and lack of adjustment!! in that case i'd go sightron, a few of trade members on here stock them and may get you a good deal

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    just noticed 25mm tube and lack of adjustment!! in that case i'd go sightron, a few of trade members on here stock them and may get you a good deal
    I'm having a relative in the states send over the scope that I choose. The Sightron warranty would mean if ever an issue surfaced I would need to send it back to the states the Vortex however can be returned to a UK dealer.

    "The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex binoculars, spotting scope or monocular for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty:

    • Unlimited lifetime
    • Fully transferable
    • No warranty card to fill out
    • No receipt needed to hang on to

    If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you."


    To me that is a definite plus for the Vortex
    Last edited by Womphorn; 11-01-2013 at 12:39.

  9. #9
    Just to let you know Riflecraft have taken over Vortex in the UK as of 1st January. If you have any warranty issues we will take care of it for you. Hope you like the scope when it gets here.


    Quote Originally Posted by Womphorn View Post


    I'm having a relative in the states send over the scope that I choose. The Sightron warranty would mean if ever an issue surfaced I would need to send it back to the states the Vortex however can be returned to a UK dealer.

    "The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex binoculars, spotting scope or monocular for any reason at NO CHARGE TO YOU. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty:

    • Unlimited lifetime
    • Fully transferable
    • No warranty card to fill out
    • No receipt needed to hang on to

    If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you."


    To me that is a definite plus for the Vortex

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifles View Post
    Just to let you know Riflecraft have taken over Vortex in the UK as of 1st January. If you have any warranty issues we will take care of it for you. Hope you like the scope when it gets here.

    Had spoken to someone at Newpro today as the warranty statement does not actually mention rifle scopes. I was made aware that Rifle Craft are now acting for Vortex as far as scopes go and also reassured that scopes are covered by the lifetime warranty.

    Then went on to check your web page for your scope prices but it's blank have you a pricing structure in place?

Similar Threads

  1. *SOLD* Leather satchel style draw scope and rifle scope cases
    By stalker.308 in forum Deer Stalking Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-07-2012, 20:13
  2. For Sale Swarovski, binos and scope, opticron sppoting scope
    By twg1 in forum Optics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 18-07-2012, 22:59
  3. For Sale EAW (Apel) - Zeiss Rail System Scope Mounts (scope side)
    By bewsher500 in forum Optics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-04-2012, 19:43
  4. Scope mounts v single piece scope mount
    By Simjim33 in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 18:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •