Don't bother to Stalk when the wind is from the East: Myth or true?

Erik Hamburger

Is there any truth in the view that you can as well stay home if the wind is from the East?
Having planned a Stalk for tomorrow morning -with the wind forecasted to be from the East for my area - should I stay in bed?
What would be the rationale?

if you dont go out you wont know. for me even if its terrible weather there is still a chance , i would rather be out chancing it than not, atb wayne

If you can`t be bothered then stay in bed and i`ll come up. :D
More chance of seeing them if you leave the house for a couple of hours.

ive shot fallow in bad winds and pooring rain , ===== youve got to be in it to win it====

I dont subscribe to that. Except when there is a very hard frost down. East winds are the norm for a settled high pressure, anti-cyclone. Get out get into the areas the sun will heat up and enjoy your day.

Nutty

if you dont go out you wont know. for me even if its terrible weather there is still a chance , i would rather be out chancing it than not, atb wayne

I agree with Wayne. I like to stalk in unusual winds as the deer won't be in their normal locations. Some bits of ground favour certain winds. Seek out the sheltered spots on your ground. Good luck. JCS

Never heard this for stalking, but when sea fishing ,when the wind is in the east the fish bite the least, and it proved to be true

Im rubbing my hands when i see a forecast for an East wind, the ground fills up with deer. South or West wind and mild weather and id be aswell staying at home. Stay on the right side of it and youll be fine!ha

The wind in the East is no good for man nor beast.

Sheep in our area , Gods country!! Do suffer fom easterly's as do we!!
Having said that we have shot deer in easterlies, westerlies, northerlies and southerlies, serious rain and snow blizzards.

There you go.

Best regards.

Jon.

The wind may be from the east but I'll still be out and about in the morning in northumberland
Atb tom

Ill stalk in any wind like already said it changes there normal routine. But we never lamp on an east wind

Ill stalk in any wind like already said it changes there normal routine. But we never lamp on an east wind

Why's that MGD doe's it blow the candles out :D.

Is there any truth in the view that you can as well stay home if the wind is from the East?
Having planned a Stalk for tomorrow morning -with the wind forecasted to be from the East for my area - should I stay in bed?
What would be the rationale?[/QUOTE

If the wind is coming from the east make sure you come onto your beat from the west, dead easy and oh so simple.

Wind in your face end of .

Mark.

Back