Hello from Norway

Morten

After just looking at the site from time to time I figured it was time to register.

I'm Norwegian but visit the UK regularly, normally 2-3 times a year. I do both fishing and stalking; my stalking is mainly for roe and foxes. I got myself a beagle last year and spend most weekends training her to be a proper hound barking her lungs out on the fresh trail of deer, hare or fox. I've only stalked in the UK once (muntjac and fallow) and I'm off to Scotland in April for a few days of roe buck stalking. I hope to make stalking trips to the UK more frequent in the future, but (needless to say) prices are far higher at yours than over here.

My main rifle is a Sako 75 .308w with a Kahles Helia C 2,5-10x50. I'm also waiting for a Remington 700 Tactical .223 which I plan to equip with a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50. Looking forward to getting that. Other than that I've got a cz 452 .17hmr which I use for target shooting and crows, ducks etc.

By the way, could anyone tell me how I upload a profile picture?

Last edited:
Welcome, what part of Norway are you in ??.I used to work over there for a good while. Some cracking areas up north.

Ads

Welcome Morten, I bet your country is just one vast wilderness and absolutely fantastic for stalking! I have always promised a trip to Sweden or Norway for a week of unguided staling and just get lost with a gps, rifle, dog and kit for sleeping rough.

What do you think the minimum cost would be for such a trip? (unguided)

Hi Morten and welcome to the site :)
I live in Norway now but still enjoy a visit back to my home land of Scotland and I am sure you will enjoy your stalking there in April. Where about are you going to be stalking?
As you have said stalking is more affordable here in Norway and I have made some very good friends here in Norway all through the passion for hunting :)
Karl

Welcome to the site Morten

It's great to have another Norwegian based member on board.

I'm English but based in Oslo, been up to Trondheim a few time as we have family up in Kristiansund and Namsøs

Hilsen

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Morten

It's great to have another Norwegian based member on board.

I'm English but based in Oslo, been up to Trondheim a few time as we have family up in Kristiansund and Namsøs

Hilsen

Welcome Morton

Jonher I was in Oslo last week with work down at Sjursoya. Sat at home reading well not really looking at the pictures in Jakt magazine some lovely beasts in there.

Lovely country, fingers crossed I'll get to hunt there one day!

Welcome Morton

Jonher I was in Oslo last week with work down at Sjursoya. Sat at home reading well not really looking at the pictures in Jakt magazine some lovely beasts in there.

Lovely country, fingers crossed I'll get to hunt there one day!

Hi mate,

I used to work at Sjursoya when I was at Shell, were you there due to the spill?

Ping me a message if your over again soon!

Hi mate,

I used to work at Sjursoya when I was at Shell, were you there due to the spill?

Ping me a message if your over again soon!

Jonher nail on the head! Shushhh not allowed to talk on social media! Ha ha ha small world! You must have worked with Geir, he was over in the UK a while back and we had a beer or two!

Thanks all, good to be on the forum. Nice to be able to combine my love for the UK with my love for the outdoors.

Ronan: Costs for stalking in Norway... Depends... Most of the red deer and moose stalking is based on contracts with regular groups of stalkers, like your syndicate system I suppose. Reindeer are from about £150 for a calf to £3000 for the world class trophies. Roe is usually around £60-£100 regardless of size but some areas operate a trophy system were the largest could cost up to £300-500. Because of harder winters and more predators deer densities are a lot lower than in the UK, but as you say the scenery is beautiful.

Bigtedzzr: I'll be stalking in Airshire with Chris from Airstalk. Looking forward to that. My flight is to Aberdeen so its a long drive across the country, but I don't mind an evening in the granite city on my way back.

Back